Blue Splashes

Not knowing how all this thing is going to end, I don't think he will forgive himself. Ava is tired. It took a while to break free from her nerves. It is obvious that she was lucky. The information gathered here is just about what kind of recovery and salvation they are making.

"I don't agree, they were making something, and it is not a cure for humans." One of the guys' protests. "You should have seen how there were ghouls standing in some kind of deformation and others having abilities but dying." His words are really concerning and trying to convince others. Now, if I do remember, there was a time when they were trying to understand me, not killing me, and using those things for themselves, but...

"How many ghouls?" I ask.

"I counted about twelve of them. All on different floors."

"Any survivors?"

"No. We try to break in, take the machines down, or open them normally but nothing." He assures with a pained face. "They all needed some kind of fingerprint access, and the moment they were opening or trying, they were killed by a gas."

Now that's a problem, the gas. What kind of gas?

"Any idea of what type of gas?" I ask again.

Nobody responded, and he said no with his head. I have never seen that gas. It must be something new they develop over time. They are getting closer and smarter, too close, to be honest. Now there are too many concerns, either the humans are really trying to kill us, or they are going to kill themselves with some type of new upgrade with ghouls. There is the matter of having the wrong monsters on the wrong side.

"Ivette!" another alarming voice comes to my ears. I look at the girl.

"There has been an attack in one of the warehouses." She assures. That surprises me. A ghoul's warehouse is not easy to find; they usually evade them. I can see a group of few ghouls behind her, hurt and dirty. It is probably retaliation.

"Help those ones that are hurt and find anything on this," I order one of the guys.

Days after.

The silence kills the streets like a gun ready to be fired at any moment. Something was not right, and all my veins knew it. The way they keep hunting us is bold and more reckless than ever. More ghouls losing than winning. There is a rumor of a strong blue-flower guy fighting on the front line, attacking the warehouses with what could be a teenager at his side. I have this doubt of thinking that person is Mintae. Now we keep moving from place to place to leave less trail and regroup. Now I must fight if I want to get rid of these nuances.

A ghoul has a very cold body and low pressure, but when I'm like this, I can feel the power of my heart trying to explode, like a beast in hiding, waiting for prey. I don't need to eat but to kill. The silence is evident to them, but that doesn't take up the fact that there are about twenty-seven blue flowers waiting for us. I can feel them all. Now my nightmare is here. Mintae seems to be the bad man of this squat, and there is definitely a young kid, but why is there one? Actually, why does it feel like he is calling me?

My heart beats...

֎ Mintae ֎

Another warehouse without her. I need to find her before they do it before they notice. Twenty-three ghouls in total and fourteen were captured alive, which is not a significant loss but is bothering me more than before when I didn't use to care about her. It makes me ask if they are all bad or if they need to be. None of them react the same way as her.