Day One: Silence

Pine tree?
Dipper looked at the man in the cell, confusion evident on his face. Where had that come from?
Bill smiled, showing razor sharp teeth, and stood up. As he slowly walked towards Dipper, the boy backed away out of habit.
He's supposed to be afraid of you, not the other way around. He shook his head, and walked towards Bill, who didn't back down. If he was worried at, he didn't show it.
"P-Pine tree?", the twenty-five year old asked. Did he look like a freaking pine tree? That was a definite first.
The demon shrugged and pointed at his hat, making him feel like a total idiot for even asking.
"The names Bill Cipher"
I already knew that, you butt. Now Dipper really needed to get his anger in control. If he couldn't keep himself together in the first five minutes of this, how would he survive ten days of this hell?
"Yeah, I knew that already. My name is Dipper, you know. I'm in charge of watching over you for the next ten days," he gritted his teeth,"And meeting my uncle know if your execution needs to come a little...early, so to speak."
If he was going to be in charge of this guy, he needed to let him know who was boss, and it was not going to be the prisoner.
Goddamit, Bill still had that creepy smile on his face, if it didn't disappear then, it probably was never going to.
"Pine Tree, you look fidgety" His voice dropped down to a whisper,"Is something wrong?"
Is he trying to be seductive? What the hell?
Dipper had absolutely no time for this kind of stuff. Although he had a slight blush on his face, he flared at Bill and spoke.
"N-no, nothing at all. And no talking."
Bill narrowed his eyes, and zipped his lips. Literally.
~~~
When Dipper said no talking, he didn't mean absolute silence. There was almost nowhere to look besides inside he cell, the hallway was so narrow.
He had his journal, but it was only so he knew what to do if Bill escaped, Grunkle Stan had said multiple times my to red on the job. He would've been in his own little world and wouldn't even notice if the demon escaped.
If he had known that Bill would listen to him again he said to stop talking, he would have brought a whole suitcase of stuff to do. His d gift didn't end until the sun set which was about three hours from now.
He'd thought that his whole shift was going to be arguing with Bill or something. Not that he wanted to talk to him. Bill seemed so creepy, yet at the same time annoying. That combination didn't even make sense.
Dipper risked a peek at the man in front of him, and immediately regretted his choice in doing so. Believe it or not, Bill was still staring at him. It didn't even look like he had blinked.
Was he doing that the whole time? Dipper did not want to think about how that was probably true, since he didn't even hear him move an inch since he had closed his mouth an didn't open it again.
That means...No. That meant that Bill was looking at him right this moment and there was nothing he could do about it because what would he even say?
He couldn't look up into those pitch black eyes and say hey, stop looking at me. That sounded dumb even in his head! It was hard enough for him to not look at him, with so little space.
He knew that taking this job would be horrible. He thought it would be full of arguing, or manipulation, or maybe a hint of death. Or all three.
But no, it was just boring.
~~~
It wasn't long before he couldn't handle it any longer and just snapped.
"Aren't you going to say something?" He asked. The silence was absolute hell.
Bill didn't have to move at all, aleady staring at Dipper. He shrugged, then pointed at his zipped lips.
~~~
Quiet as okay, usually. The boy loved quiet.
Just not when you were alone in a room with a physco demon who wouldn't stop staring at you.
There was still one our left until the end of his shift, but even th r n he had nine days left of this.
The boy sighed. Whatever, no one has to know that you did this. He leaned forward, looking straight into the demon's eyes.
"Talk to me. Why'd you do it?"
Bill unzipped his lips.
"Do what? "
"Kill all those innocent people", Dipper said, "You must have had a reason."
He looked around before saying, "Do you really wanna know?"
Dipper nodded.
"It seemed like a fun thing to do."
~~~
They didn't talk much after that. This time, Dipper was fine with that. He had too much on his mind.
Because it seemed fun. Those words wouldn't get out of his head. This guy really was crazy. If that was so, then why did he act so calm?
~~~
When Dipper left, Bill didn't even look up at him.