🏵️ accident 🏵️

Rose's pov
(Many people call her Rosie)

This chapter explains what happened two years ago(rose is 16 years old)

(Her outfit 👆)

I pressed my knees to my chest as I heard mum scream . Mr James was hurting her again. I heard the sound of glass breaking. Mum always told me to hide my closet if he was angry then I should wait for her to come to my room. I've always stayed away from Mr James by hiding in the library or my room. I ate in my room and I was homeschooled. The only person I couldn't escape was my step brother who hated me to the guts, Lucas. He always hurt me both physically and mentally. I trembled when I heard Mr James laughing at the hallways. I've never understood why Mr James married my mum if he knew he was going to hurt her. I've tried to convince mum that we should run away but she...

My bedroom door slammed open making me gasp. I covered my mouth with my hands and tried to quiet my whimpers. He was here, Lucas was here! '' Does little Rosie want to play hide and seek? Fucking come out little bitch!" His angry voice scared me to the bone. I accidentally hiccupped and his movements in my room stopped. I froze and suddenly, he opened the closet door and pulled me to his chest. He kept his hands on my waist. I tried to push him but he was too strong.

" You're not going anywhere babygirl! I want to show you something." he said and tried to drag me out of my room. I didn't want him to take me there ; where my mum was being abused. I looked at him pleadingly as tears ran down my cheek. " P-please don't..." I begged. His grip on my waist became tighter but it didn't hurt.

He looked down at me. He looked hesitant but soon anger masked his face and he forcibly carried me to the living room as I thrashed. He put me down and made me stand behind him.

I peeked past him and saw mum on the floor. Her hair was messed up and her clothes were torn and her forehead was bleeding. They hadn't acknowledged our presence. Suddenly Mr James carried the glass coffee table and was about to smash it on mum. Out of panic I ran to her and covered her body with mine. Then...

I felt a sharp pain run from my head to my back and the sound of glass shuttering. I looked at mum one last time before everything became black.

Author's pov

It was quiet in the room as everyone took a few seconds to load what had just happened before everyone came back to reality. " Rosie please...momma is sorry... somebody please help us... I'm so sorry..." Mary shouted but whispered the last part. She sat on the floor holding Rose's bleeding body. Her head was oozing out a lot of blood.

James quickly snatched Rose from Mary's arms and carried her to his car. Mary and Lucas followed him quickly and helped him settle Rose in the car.

The maids and guards had watched the whole scene quietly. They were sad on seeing Rose's bloody body being taken. Some of them cried because they knew the girl was innocent. She was always ready to help anyone when James and Lucas were not home. She didn't deserve this, no one did.

Luke was drowning in guilt as he remembered how his Rosie had begged him not to take her out of her room, now she was on the verge of leaving him permanently. When he first saw Rose, he had planned to stay away from Rose but couldn't. He then swore to himself that he would wait for her to turn eighteen so that he claim her as his and marry whether she liked it or not. He was ready to kill anyone who would stop him from having her.

As for James he was also guilty and he didn't know why. He glanced at Mary whose attention was on Rose. Mary was crying in pure sadness and he knew it was his fault. Since the day he married her, he vowed to make her life a living hell since she killed his father. Sometimes he was confused because Mary acted and looked innocent but the video he received says otherwise. To make matters worse, he found himself falling in love with her causing to be more frustrated and took it out on her. He hated Rose too but he never tried to raise a finger on her, something always stopped him but today, he hit her and that hit could cost her life.