Chapter 3- Wonderboy

So, soon after I joined the ranks of Hades' henchman, he called me into his "office". You could call it an office, but in reality it is just a large room with a map on a table with little stone figures on it.

"So, Nut-meg, what do you think of it down here?" He asked after I had walked into the room.

"I think it is depressing, and that there needs to be more liveliness down here." I walked over to one of the windows (they don't have glass in them) and sat down on the ledge.

"You can go ahead and be as lively as you want! I mean, you have a humongous audience down there (he pointed through to window, down towards the floating souls of the dead). They could use a little cabaret show. A little music, a little dancing. Consider it, Meg. Think of the crowd." Hades walked towards the map.

"Did you invite me down here to make fun of me?" I ask, standing up.

"Of course not! I have a job for you to do up top." I was stunned.

"Why are you sending me? What's wrong with the two morons?" Hades laughed.

"Be nice, Meg. You know you want to go up. Breathe the fresh air. Stuff like that. And for your information, Pain and Panic don't have the qualifications to do this job." I looked puzzled.

"You see, for the uprising that I have been planing for almost 18 years, I need as much help as I can get. So, I need the river guardian on my team. He takes a lot of persuasion to accept proposals usually, but I think you'll help him get the point across."

"I don't like the way this sounds." I said looking at Hades.

"Well, how about I sweeten the deal for you?"

"What kind of sweetener are you using in this deal?"

"How about, if you can get Nessus on my side for the uprising, I will remove 2 years from your sentence." I had to accept now.

"Fine." was only response to his offer. He told me that I would be able to find Nessus near Thebes.

As I walked through the forest, I finally heard the noise of a stream. I then realized that Hades had never told me what kind of a creature that the River Guardian was. With the head and arms of a man, but the legs and hooves of a horse, Nessus was definitely a force to be reckoned with.

"Well, hello there."

"Ummm, hello, my name is Megara, and I "work" for Hades. He wanted me to ask you if you would join his side for the uprising that he is planning against Zeus."

"So Hades sent you." He asked laughing.

"Well, here's what we'll do. If you come over here and give me a big, passionate kiss, I will join Hades' side."

"Never in a million years, Nessus."

"Ooh, a feisty one." Then as I started to back away, he started to chase me. His four legs were much faster than my 2 however, so he reached me quite quickly. He picked me up in his giant hands, and I felt doomed

"I swear Nessus! Put me down, or I'll..." all of a sudden a man came out if nowhere and tried to challenge Nessus. He then tried to rescue me, and I replied with, " I'm a damsel. I'm in distress. I can handle this. Have a nice day."