The Fruit

For my two darling, yet annoying, little sisters and to all the little Jedi out there.

Once upon a time in a galaxy far from here, there lived a little fox named Ezra. Now Ezra was quite unlike any other fox. Not only did he have blue, orange, brown and yellow fur he also had ultramarine eyes and was much craftier than the other little foxes. Kanan, the green, brown and gray fox, took care of him since he didn't have any parents. But like all little foxes he was rather naughty and not always endearing. One day while little Ezra was galloping through the woods when he came upon a beautiful tree with leaves of mint green and fruit the color of gold. The sun hit the tree just so that it made it seem the fruit was glowing. Ezra had been running around the woods playing for some time and he was rather hungry, but he wasn't suppose to eat the fruit. It belonged to a couple of very big, very strong black foxes who lived in a cave in the woods. Ezra liked to tease the two big, black foxes which often resulted in him getting into trouble with both them and Kanan. Though Kanan did do his fair share of teasing the black foxes. Ezra backed up and hunkered down with his tail in the air, shaking it playfully. With a running leap he nabbed one of the golden colored fruits on a low-hanging branch. Humming happily to himself with the fruit in his mouth Ezra trotted through the woods back to the home he and Kanan shared. But when he was almost there the two big, black foxes appeared and they weren't too happy when they saw Ezra with their fruit. The two foxes chased him all the way to the big waterfall on the other side of the woods. Ezra stubbornly held on to his fruit all the way. When they reached the waterfall Ezra ran across a log that had fallen over the waterfall. Naturally the two big foxes followed him thinking they had finally caught the annoying little fox. But Ezra had a plan. Once he was safely on the other side Ezra shoved that end of the log off the bank and into the water. Too late the two big, black foxes saw what he was doing and tried to run the other way.

Splash! They fell into the water and got swept away, hugging each other in fear. Ezra found a sunny patch next to the waterfall and ate his fruit, happy at his success.

The End.