Making Up Games On A Rainy Night

#4: Dark - Rainbow High

It was a gloomy evening at Rainbow High; rain poured from the grey clouds as the clouds roared with intense thunder and lightning.

Inside the building; Sunny, Skyler, Poppy, Violet, Ruby, Jade and Amaya were working on their runway project. The girls worked quietly on their; occasionally speaking to get the others opinion. Suddenly, a loud crack of lightning pierced the sky and all went dark.

"Students, this is an important announcement, please pay close attention. It appears that the power has gone out due to the storm. Please stay where you are and stay calm while we resolve the issue. Thank you." Ms. Wright announced as her voice rattled through the school.

"I can't work on the music if there's no power." Poppy stated as she slide her orange and black headphones off her head.

"I don't think we can do much of anything without light." Jade sighed as everyone turned to look at her.

"Are there any board games?" Sunny inquired as she looked towards Skyler and Poppy.

"I don't think so." Skyler replied as she glanced around the room.

"I geuss we could make up our own game." Violet suggested while shrugging her shoulders.

"Like what?" Amaya tilted her head to her right side.

"Why don't we sit on the floor and play a game of I Spy?" Ruby requested.

"How are we going to play I Spy if we can't see colours?" Sunny questioned.

"We could the shape or texture of the object." Ruby explained.

"So it's like I Spy without using your eyes." Sunny swayed her body as she spoke.

The girls sprawled out around the couch and took their seats.

"Who wants to go first?" Jade asked as she scanned the room.

"Me!" Sunny rose her hand above her head waved them in Jade's view.

"Okay, Sunny will start." Jade gestured her hand towards Sunny.

"I spy with my little eye something that is shaped like a cylinder." Sunny looked towards her friends in anticipation.

"My glass water?" Amaya guessed.

"Nope." Sunny shook her head.

"Uhh, the lamp?" Poppy inquired.

"Yep, your turn!" Sunny pointed towards the lamp next to the couch.

The girls had a blast; laughing, smiling  and just enjoying themselves for next two hours. When the power came back on they grabbed their stuff, wished each other a good night and settled down for the night

THE END