Chapter 6.5 - Name

Arthur Leywin's point of view:

"Kar karkar karkararar kar kar..." - all this long time, while we were walking to the place indicated by my companion, I was forced to listen to the vocal practice of this crazy crow. In the beginning, it was not bad to listen to his singing. Although the melodies were simple, they were melodious, even considering his nasty raspy voice. But over time...

"Are you going to shut up or not?!" - I shouted to the crow.

"Why are you yelling at me?! Kar!" - my companion shouted back. - "And in general, do not interfere with important matters ! "

"I wouldn't have bothered if I hadn't heard the cry of a dying seal instead of a crow singing! " - at this time, when our next mini-quarrel started, we reached a sprawling tree on which you could see dozens of fruits. They looked like pears, but had a purple color and were the size of a half-liter water bottle. We will make a stop under it.

"I'm trying new faces in art!.. Yes, this fruit can be eaten..." - said the crow, seeing my look. Meanwhile, I started eating this fruit, which tasted like an apple.

"Is it that in all fantasy worlds, the fruit somehow resembles one from my world, but tastes the same as a completely different one?" - I asked myself out loud.

"I don't know. I have never eaten fruit from your world... If you have no further questions, I will continue to improve my singing skills." - said the crow, preparing for another concert with one listener.

"For the sake of God and all that is holy, spare my ears!" - I shouted. - "For the fact that you torment me so much, you will definitely go to hell."

"Oh really?" - asked the crow. - "And what awaits me there?"

"It all depends on which circles you fall into." - I said, parodying the famous statue of 'The Thinker'. After thinking a little, I began to speak: "Given that you're quite the gourmand, it's probably the third*¹ one. However, you still have a lot of good sides... You're not baptized, so you're in Limbo*²... "

*¹ In Dante's "Comedy", gluttons and gourmands fall into the third circle of hell. There they rot in the hail and rain, and Cerberus tears them apart if they move. (Somehow yes. I haven't read "Comedy" for a long time, so I may be wrong. I'm too lazy to re-read it :3)

*² Limbo according to Dant e is 1 circle of hell, where unbaptized people who have not sinned much are doomed to painless sorrow.

"Well, it sounds interesting!..." my companion began to say.

"But no, it's better not to send you to hell. Otherwise, the devils will return you because of your bad character, so they will start demanding compensation for moral damage." - I said. - "Not only will I not get rid of you, but I will have to pay for this failed attempt."

"And you are not ashamed to spare money for such an important person as me?" - asked the crow.

"Let's stop this quarrel, ..." I suddenly fell silent. A wave of awareness suddenly washed over me.

"What happened?" - asked my companion.

"Shit, you and I have been together for so long and I don't even know your name." - I said, sitting down under a sprawling tree that somehow resembled an oak to rest. Taking out a flask and drinking some water from it, I asked: "What is your name, dear philosopher?"

"Name?..." he pondered, then shouted sharply: "Shit, I don't even have a name! How come?! Well, okay, we've only known you for a few days, so it's not so surprising that you haven't you know my name, but I've been living with myself for several years!"

"Stop stop stop stop, how old have you been?" - I asked.

"Honestly, I don't remember. Maybe I'm already twenty years old." - answered the crow, thinking even harder. - "What's wrong with me? Why don't I know my name or age?"

"Wait! You've been alive for twenty years?!" - I exclaimed in surprise.

"If I'm not mistaken, somewhere like that."

"Чел, та ти не просто дед інсайд... Ти вопше дедаутсайд..."* ³- I said.

*³ Dude, you're not just a deadside... You're a deadoutside

"What do you say?" - asked the crow.

"Nothing, nothing." 

"Is there any problem at all with the fact that I don't have a name?" 

"In principle, none, but... I think it's better to give you a name. After all, every pet owner should give a name to his animal." - I said after eating the whole fruit.

"Really... Stop. I'm not your pet!" - shouted the crow.

"Hmm, what about Corvus?" - I ignored all the cries of the crow.

"What does it mean?" 

"Corvus means crow."

"To call a crow a crow... Brilliant..." - said the crazy crow without any enthusiasm.

After that I started listing hundreds of different words. What a picky crow. Why did he not like the name "Bow"?

"What's your name 'Lux'?" - I asked.

"I'm interested in the meaning of this name, or you'll call me some kind of swear word..."

"It means light in Latin..."

"You called me that because I became a new light for you?!" - exclaimed the crow enthusiastically.

"Umm... No. I just remembered that there was a brand of chips called that." - I said scratching my cheek.

"Well you're a slob... Okay. I'll take that name. I'm just not going to mention the reason you chose it."

"Haha, okay. Let's go, otherwise we won't get there in a year."

"And who constantly gets up for all sorts of breaks?"

"Don't start another quarrel. I'm a four-year-old child after all..."

And after that, the quarrel started again.