Chapter 1- Cat

She shoved on her socks and shoes, ran through the door, and caught her mom just as she was pulling out of the driveway. "Come on! Hustle! We can't be late again!" said her mom. Cat sighed as she shut the car door. Going to practice was hard. Especially if you have a bad coach. And a knee injury.
"How was your day at school?" her mom asked. "Boring, as usual. How about you?"
Cat's mom was training to become a chef. She was currently was working as an assistant for an insurance company. It was her dream to become a real cook, ever since she was a little girl. She was unhappy with her boss, who made her stay late fetching his coffee. He was always procrastinating.
"My day went pretty well. I finally made flan without messing it up," mom said as she smiled at Cat.
When they pulled up to the volleyball courts, Cat hopped out and grabbed her bag from the trunk. "See you later!" yelled her mom out of the car. "Hopefully sooner!" replied Cat. That had been their "thing" since her first day of kindergarten. "Oh, and Cat? Don't forget to wear your brace," mom said. "Alright, fine."
"Now for the hardest part of my day," thought Cat as she pushed open the door. Little did she know that today would be different. VERY different.