1st Bottle

5960 Words & 14 Pages [Completed]

Warning: Contains coarse language and sexual tension.

Summary: [Okikagu] After the late celebration of Kondo's engagement to Otae at a new bar, the Shinsengumi Commander (after 3 glasses of beer) and First Division Captain (after 1.5 glasses of beer) passed out. The equally drunk and sleepy Vice-Commander dragged Kondo home in a taxi. He was going to come back for Sougo later, but falls asleep in his seat. Sougo wakes up the next morning to find out that he drank a youth potion due to a delivery mix-up and has now turned into a child...  

Title: Every Adult Has An Inner Child

"Idiot! Watch where you're going." Sougo shouted, without any idea who was in front of him.

He had rushed out of the bar entrance, focusing on one destination, Snack Smile. He was blinded by the morning light and bumped into a pair of feminine legs in the process. His eyes were still trying to adjust to the outside world. Once he could properly see ahead of him, he noticed a pair of blue eyes looking down on him. The same eyes that had been haunting his dreams since last week.

"Kid, didn't your parents teach you any manners? You're supposed to apologize after bumping into someone." Kagura leaned forward with one hand on her slightly bent knees and the other hand reaching out to him.

Sougo slapped her hand away in disgust before wiping away the dirt on the clothes he borrowed and standing on his own two feet. Kagura found it funny how time flies. If she had been four years younger, she would have pummelled the kid already.

"I don't apologize to just anyone. Especially, not to someone younger than me." Sougo provoked.

Kagura tried to stay calm, reminding herself that she was already an adult, inside and out.

"First of all, I am NOT a kid. YOU are. I'm already eighteen. And second of all, what are you doing in the red-light district? This is a playground for adults NOT kids."

"I could say the same thing. The last time I checked, the legal age of an adult is twenty NOT eighteen."

"Touché, kid. Touché." Kagura acknowledged her defeat. She made a mental note that the little boy not only looked like a mini version of Sadist, but he also acted like him.

"Would your dad happen to be the First Division Captain of the Shinsengumi?" She inquired, wondering if the Sadist had a child that she didn't know about.

"Huh? Who are you talking about?" The boy tried to look puzzled in hopes of steering her away from his real identity. She would've avoided him if she knew, especially after the misunderstanding between them.

"Never mind." She was probably overthinking things. "I'm getting off-topic. How 'bout we both call it even and head home? I'm tired from dealing with customers all night so be a good little boy and go back to bed."

She turned her head to walk in the direction of her home at the exact moment that Sougo managed to force a tear to roll down his cheek. Kagura felt a tug at her kimono when she took her first step. She looked back at the boy, expecting another snide remark, perhaps about her appearance this time. Instead, she saw tears falling from his eyes which quickly escalated to a full-blown tantrum. She lowered herself to his eye-level, trying to find a way to stop him.

"Wait. Are you lost?" She asked frantically. "Where's your house?"

"Mommy! I missed you!" Sougo cried out, loud enough for all the bystanders and businesses to hear.