Act 24

Middy, Liam, Robert, Ellen, and Julie were having homemade Wal'Diner and Coffee sandwiches at the dinner table.

Julie, Robert, and Ellen were seated on the right side of the table, while Middy and Liam were seated on the left.

They were discussing the accident's findings when Ellen started to describe it, saying, "So the accident was actually an explosion that happened in a hospital building."

When they heard this, Middy and Liam were shocked, and Middy exclaimed, "Woah, this must be terrifying."

Ellen goes on, "Yes, I was astounded by the catastrophe as well, and it took place on October 27, 1977. However, that news was only released three days later, on October 30. It is regarded as one of the strange events that occurred in this city. Sadly, some people perished in the fire, but fortunately, many people made it out unscathed." and she continues, "I think Alen's body is the one that was reported missing."

Liam started to recall, "Alen? I take it that crazy guy started the fire."

Robert answered, "Well, the police found a letter saying that 'A... was here'. It's possible that 'A' represents Alen. However, since there is no information available on him, like finger prints or pieces of hair or clothes, we cannot be certain."

Middy appeared perplexed. 'Why do you say that? You don't believe that whoever was responsible for that terrible accident just disappeared without leaving a trace? When the police already found a letter."

Robert shakes his head. "No, well, Ellen, believe that it wasn't him, or think about it," Robert said in answer. In her explanation, I started experiencing those disorienting nightmares about the crash, the fire, and your mother, which I know seems strange to you.'

Middy was in disbelief. "So, Ellen, are you claiming that my mother appeared in your nightmares?"

Liam recognized, "Nightmares... Mom, is it possible that you were in the hospital and saw that event firsthand?"

Ellen considers it, and Robert then adds, "I believe Liam to be correct on that. Now, Ellen, it all makes more sense. They aren't nightmares or visions, but flashbacks; yes, they make sense, but why did my sister call Alen's name and not mine?"

Ellen expressed surprise. "I made an effort to remember," she says.

As soon as she feels a headache coming on, Liam jumps up and says, "Mom, how are you doing? What's the issue? Do you require anything, such as a drink of water or another item?"

In order to get Ellen a glass of water or a cold bag to ease her headaches, Robert got up and went to the kitchen.

Julie turns her attention to Liam when she notices a man in a cap sitting behind him hurriedly writing or reading on what appears to be a fresh sheet of paper with a pen.

The stranger wrote a text message to someone while looking at his phone, and it was Alice.

A short while later, he gets a text message in response from Alice saying that she is headed to Wal'Diner and Coffee.

When the man, overdressed and wearing a cap, looks up, she notices that he is staring silently at her family. The man notices that the girl is only gazing at him, so he gestures to her in the direction of the restroom. When Julie turns to face the man after staring at the restroom, she catches his eyes and knows they have been there before. She says in a faint, almost whispering voice, "It's you." She recognizes the individual.

So, by attracting the attention of her sister Middy, young Julie utilizes an excuse. "It's time for me to go, sis. I'm in a lot of pain."

Middy addresses her young sister as she gestures toward the restroom, "Please proceed, Ju. As soon as you return, we will wait here."

The stranger with the cap arrives there at the same time as Julie gets up and leaves, but he enters on the opposite side from Julie, the feminine side.

When Liam noticed this, he felt it was quite odd and asked Middy to check on Julie in the bathroom.

Liam tells Middy that there was a man inside with his sister when she was unaware of what was happening.

Liam stays with his mother as Middy goes to the bathroom. When Robert returns with a bottle of cold water for Ellen, she puts it on her head.

Robert inquires as to where Middy and Julie went, and Liam replies that Middy went to the bathroom to see whether Julie had a stranger with her.