Chapter 1

𝗬/𝗡'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩.

It was the day you were about to move into your new house. You were a young adult. You were pretty independent and had became so during a very young age. Your parents always told you to enjoy your childhood and stop being so mature sometimes. Often telling you to wear more colorfull clothing, do stuff children liked to do and get more friends. So you did one thing, you started to draw.

You worked as an artist. It was your dream jobb and you were surprised to get money so quickly. People seemed to like your paintings and were often ordering them. You painted most things people liked inside of their houses: paintings of landscapes, people, plants, animals and other stuff. Under your free time you liked to bake, read, take care of plants and draw anime. Many people thought it was wierd that you drew anime and worked with painting more... "artistic" things. You did not listen to those people and kept up with your passion for anime and manga.

You walked towards your new home while the wind blew in your h/c hair. The van behind you was driven by your friend, it had all of your furniture in it along with all the other stuff you needed. You walked towards the door and slowly began inserting the key until you heard a satisfying click. You opened the door to see the beautiful new house you bought and something caught your eye.

It was the most beautiful staircase you had ever seen, it's floorboards were out of dark wood and looked comfortable to step on. You walked towards the staircase and your eyes widdened more then what they had before. The railing next too the stairs were even sexier then the floorboards themself. The railings were in natural colours and the thought of holding them made your heart flutter. You wanted to paint the staircase and keep it to yourself. You kept daydreaming about it untill you heard a voice.

"Excuse me, I do not wish to be rude but why are you staring so much? Nobody has ever looked at me like the way you do," the voice came from the staircase itself.

"Ah, I'm so sorry! I was just... studdying the carvings on your railing," you nervously replied. Did you like the staircase? You couldn't disagree and say it wasn't handsome but did you have a thing for it?

"Oh, you look really familiar," you commented while narrowing your eyes at it.

Never did you know that the staircase knew who you were.