Chapter 1 | what is this world?

I was normally going to school, running as always. I'm always late. Lessons would start in 20 minutes and I was only half way. 'God, I should ask Mark to take me with him on the motorcycle next time' I thought. Yeah, I never ask him for a ride to school even if we go to the same school.

When I was there, I saw Mark with his little girlfriend. Her name's Megan. She's one of the meanest girl in the whole school. I saw her last day kissing another guy, Ethan. I hate her so much! And she bullies a girl named Ellie, even if the poor girl didn't do anything.

Mark didn't know about this things. If he only could know, he would leave her but I couldn't tell. I didn't want to ruin my life! I went to class. It was boring.

If only something cool could happen...

...

..

.

I left school with Mark. At one point he said:-Aimee, do you want to go to the new bar near the school? It's a really cool place!- -Sure, that would be awesome!-. We went there, but in half way I saw a hurt kitty. I went near it and took its hurt paw.

I saw that it had a necklace on its neck. Mark said:-Aimee stop. It can be dangerous, you know that?- -Yeah, I know! I'm 16, not 5. But, this cat's hurt!-. Mark just sighed.

At one point, I started to see everything blurred and slowly I couldn't hear anything. Everything went dark and I heard someone fall, like me.

...

..

.

I woke up. Mark was near me. He was awake. I sat and I felt some leaves under my hands. We were in the woods. I looked around me. The trees were many and with red and orange leaves. The floor was covered with leaves.

We didn't know where we were, but we did know that this wasn't normal. Mark and I stood up. It was scary. The sky was covered with gray clouds. We heard a noise behind us. It wasn't a human one and it wasn't an animal one. There was a big creature, ready to kill us.

We got so scared that we didn't even know that we started running. The creature ran over us. It was a tall and fully white thing. Its height wasn't a human one. It had fully black eyes and was covered in blood over most of its body.

I was starting to break out in a cold sweat. I felt some tears coming down. At some point, I fell. The creature was about to kill me, until I felt arms wrapping around me and then carry me away. The creature let out an inhuman scream. It was chasing us. I raised my head and it wasn't my brother...

...

..

.

When the guy arrived in a structure, he sat me on a couch. A girl and some people came out of some rooms. The guy asked concerned:-Are you alright?!- -I think so... Who the hell are you?! Where's my brother?!- -Calm down. My name's Michael Murphy. I bring you in here for keeping you safe and I don't know who your brother is.- -He's the guy who was running with me.- -Him? I think he's no longer with us... I'm sorry..-.

I started crying and Micheal hugged me. I hugged back. A girl, with a sad smile, said:-Do you want to collaborate with us? We are a group who wants to get out of here and I think you want too, am I right?- -Yes! Of course!-.

She said:-Well then, welcome. My name's Wendy Wright. The girl on my right is Amelia James and the girl next to her is Jenny Thomas. The guy on my left is Oliver Smith and behind me there's Axel White and Xavier Walsh.-.
I smiled a little and said:-My name's Aimee Evans.-.

They all did a sad smile. I was happy but sad at the same time. Is my brother really dead?...