Chapter 5: Finale

Rebecca leaves the elevator as she wakes up Apple Peel Cookie, who is dozing off again.

The view of the grey town was both amazing and boring. This is a long, grey hallway. About 100 feet.

Ypnos: This is cool view, but can we go?

Rebecca: Dude be patient.

APC (Apple Peel Cookie): I remember... I was in the dreamscape. I don't know what I was doing there. Probably sleeping. Sophie came up... and asked if I want to have a second chance at life. I think I said yes, but before I went, I asked "What would happen if I said no?" Sophie just shrugged. Then she went away. She's, my guess, is the oldest "persona" there and yet she doesn't know?
Maybe whenever I go back I can ask her. Or maybe I'll just remain there until the end of time.

They start walking.

Rebecca: No way. I died once and she gave me a second chance without giving me a choice.

Ypnos: When did you die?!

Rebecca: When I was 14, I accidentally went to a statue and... I died by being crushed by a thin, thrombus... uh... stone piece. This was up in the Sundriverse. I don't have a clue how the statue got there. I did get back but, like I said, I wasn't given a choice on whether I wanted to be revived or not.

APC: Wait...? What's going on?

Ypnos: Damn. That's unfair. Wait... a statue in the Sundriverse?

Rebecca: Yeah.

APC: Um... A statue in the Sundriverse.... all I know is the datafountain, but that's pretty much it.

Ypnos: Hm... I think I know what that is... more importantly... who.

Rebecca: Yeah. I might explore it once I get older. Or maybe I can ask William to explore it.

Ypnos: You've been up there before. Can't you do it?

Rebecca: I guess I can go when I go back to home.

The room stays silent for 75 more steps.

——

At the end, there's a path turning left.

It's another 100 feet.

Rebecca: Damn. I just want to go to the end.

Ypnos: I mean, A grey version of the house in the ruins is up ahead. See? Don't you see the door?

Rebecca: Yeah, but that just reminds me of the reptilian Jack and I saw.

APC: What?

Rebecca: Yeah. I saw a reptilian. It looked like Arkso but in darker shade... but that was probably because it wanted to stay in the dark.

Ypnos: Name?

Rebecca: Huh?

Ypnos: Name? What is their name?

Rebecca: Code. Both of them were named Code. Him and the cat... and the bat (?).

APC: Hold on. I saw the cat in the dreamscape also. How did- How did you see the cat?