business trouble

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

when Tommy and i walked inside the house one of the boys ran over to him and whispered something in his ear.

as the boy walked away, Tommy turned  " family meeting in 5 minutes, round up everyone as quick as you can. " he told me.

i nodded and walked over to Arthur " family meeting in 5 Tommy says it's important " i told him " alright " he replied quickly.

after a few minutes Polly and John walked in " this had better be good to interrupt my holiday. " she said loudly as she entered.

Arthur looked over to her " where's the boy? " he asked " in the back room. " she told him and placed her bag on the desk " afterwards we are going to the museum. " she said quietly.

a sigh was heard from behind me and we all turned to John ' he wanted to come say hello- " he said and Polly quickly cut him off " shut up John, there is nothing of interest to Michael here. "

John looked over to me and let out a laugh " Tommy get on with this. " Polly said and he put his cigarette down " last night one of our men had his throat cut in Winson Green. " he said loudly.

we all looked at a paper sitting on the desk " i had a telegram saying it was Sabini's orders. " Tommy told us, Arthur ripped the paper " and it says here that Thomas Shelby is next. " he said quickly.

Tommy let out a loud sigh " if our men think we can't look after them in prison, they'll not work for us Sabini knows that. " he spoke loudly.

i scratched the back of my neck as i took in what Tommy was saying " we need to get the green sorted out. Scudboat, you and one of the boys break some windows and get arrested. " he told them.

he put his hands together in front of him " and if our coppers get you into the green, you find out who did it. " he said loudly " instead of breaking a window can we pinch a car? " Scudboat asked Tommy.

laughter spread across the room " what? everybody else is getting a car, i'm still on a donkey. " he told us.

Tommy cleared his throat " just get yourselves arrested, it doesn't matter how and before you all laugh a boy is dead, he was just a kid. " he spoke calmly.

i looked at John and his smile quickly disappeared " we still start a fund for his family, Pol. " Tommy said loudly.

she nodded " agreed, so is that all can i go now? " she asked and walked over to the table " well as company treasurer, i need your permission to spend a thousand guineas? " Tommy asked her.

Polly looked up at him " on what? " she questioned and he cleared his throat " on a horse. " he told her " a thousand guineas on a horse? " she laughed and he nodded " thats right. " he said clearly.

she crossed her arms and walked around " when was this decided? " she asked the boys " you've been busy with Michael. " he replied.

i scratched the back of my neck as i stood there awkwardly " oh, my god! " Polly said quickly " so in the absence of common sense, you boys had an idea. " she shook her head.