Chapter 1: Demons?

YOOOOOOOO, What's up readers? It's been a while—apologies for not updating since there is a high amount of pressure from school studies and tests. I am back and starting this book, I will continue my other book if you want to. Anyway, this book follows the original synopsis of manga and anime. 

(Yifan's pov)

As My brother and I were walking down the mountain with our load of charcoal of the day, I watched my surroundings, as ever since I was taken in by the Kamado family, I had learned how to do their family dance with Tanjuro. I had a strong physique since I was eight when my family was murdered by demons. 

As I remember it, I was running through my old town and sprinting towards a door to find people dead. The demons couldn't sense me because of how focused they were on the bodies. My parents had been slashed to pieces as they sacrificed themselves to protect me. I had grabbed a knife earlier and dashed towards the town. Now the towns folk were being eaten and I could do nothing. 

A demon saw me with blood-thirsty eyes as I unsheathed my knife. My left had tightened on the handle as I pulled it out. Experience with knife combat from my dad had me thinking that this demon was not as strong as I had thought. I rushed in with the knife in my family's signature style, the reverse vice grip. The demon surprised by my speed couldn't avoid my strike as I jabbed it into his throat. I spun around and kicked him in the head with my foot as I twisted the knife and slashed through his neck.  He was struck down by someone with a hatchet. A man with an orange and black checkered haori was standing in front of me as the demon's head rolled away. Blood was splattered all over my kimono. 

"It's not safe here. Can you find your parents?" he asked. I told him that my parents were ripped to shreds as I had escaped. 

"Well, then you can come and stay with my family in the mountains." He said as the head was growing arms. I saw this and snatched his hatchet jumping on the side of a house before smashing the demon's head with the hatchet. My black hair was flowing beside me as I threw the hatched at the body. The man was surprised at my skill and strength. 

"You have skill and tenacity. You better promise me that you will only use it for self-defence. By the way, I am Tanjuro Kamado." He said. 

"Yifan Yang, nice to meet you," I said as he ripped his hatchet out of the demon's body. His weak physique surprised me with how he could still run over to save me. "Let's get out of here," I said as he nodded. We ran out of the abandoned town now filled with blood and demons. 

Back to the present, Tanjiro and I saw Nezuko with Rokuta ahead of us. "Oni-chan! Yifan-kun! I came to say goodbye when I saw you guys walking down towards the village." I smiled at the sweet girl which was my adoptive sister. "Well, we have to buy food for everyone in the family. We'll see back home." Tanjiro said.  

"Hey Tanjiro, how about we run for a bit? I got way too much pent-up energy." He smiled as I took off and he chased. We had gigantic bags on, yet we were running down the hill at a high pace. Arrived at the town where all of the towns folk saw us. 

"HEY TANJIRO, YIFAN. Could I get some charcoal, since we're running low? Also, thanks for helping me with my sliding doors." I knew the town well as Tanjiro and I had been selling since his father was bedridden. We helped around while selling charcoal. 

My black hair and brown eyes scanned my surroundings and saw some scuffling in the alleyway. I ran over to see a man beating a girl. "He knuckle-head," I yelled at him. He turned around. "Shouldn't you be picking on some your size? Oh sorry, you must be teaching this girl a lesson. How about I teach you one, NEVER HURT WOMEN!" I yelled as he threw a punch at me. I ducked and slid in between his legs grabbing the girl while pulling her to her legs. "You annoying little brat. That's my daughter right there." He yelled, as Tanjiro had appeared with some of the town's police.