BATMAN & CARRIE

FANFICTION STORY **BATMAN & CARRIE*

PLOT: Batman, Bruce Wayne teaches Carrie Kelley the art of fighting crime; his moral code; and restoring peace and community in the heart of GOTHAM CITY.

-------------------------------------------------------------
INT. BATCAVE - WAYNE MANOR

(IT IS 7AM in the morning. Batman, a shirtless Bruce Wayne is working out in his gym underground at the Batcave. Alfred Pennyworth heads downstairs to the batcave; coming out of the automated lift with a tray of devonshire tea in his hands He puts the tray of devonshire tea down on Batman's bat-desk)

ALFRED
(to BATMAN) Master Bruce... Your beautiful, most glorious devonshire tea is served. It is right on your desk-

BATMAN
(working out; to Alfred) Thanks Alfred... (grunting) Thanks... I'd be right there... Just about finished...

(Alfred pours the fresh EARL GREY tea in a grey mug with the name "BRUCE" imprinted on it. Minutes later - Bruce finishes his workout; pushing every muscle to the grim. Bruce puts a black shirt on himself; and heads to his bat-desk)

ALFRED
(concerned; to Bruce) Damn Bruce... I'm just...

(Bruce becomes worried of Alfred's concern)

BATMAN
(concerned; to Alfred) Alfred... What's wrong? What's?

ALFRED
(concerned; to Bruce) Bruce... It's just. Sometimes I think you're pushing yourself too hard...

BATMAN
(annoyed; to Alfred) Alfred... so what do I do? Sit around and do nothing...

ALFRED
(concerned; to Bruce) No Master Bruce... I'm not saying that at all..

BATMAN
(concerned; to Alfred) Then what Alfred... You know I made a vow to my parents. Those ghastly criminals will be put to justice... Justice for Gotham... justice for my parents..

ALFRED
(concerned; to Batman) I understand Master Bruce... It's... I'm sorry...

(Batman takes a sip of his Earl Grey Tea; and smiles in delight of the taste)

BATMAN
(smiles; to Alfred) Thanks for the tea Alfred... The tea... the taste of the tea is a great day...

ALFRED
(to Bruce) So on the agenda today Master Bruce... Carrie Kelley will be attending Wayne Manor... um excuse me... the Batcave for training. Is that right?

(Batman looks at his diary)

BATMAN
(to Alfred) That's most certainly right Alfred... Thanks for letting me know the to-do-list today... I've got to get to work...

ALFRED
(concerned; to Bruce) What about Jason? Have you talked to him in the past few days?

(Batman shakes his head. The present is set a month after he found out Jason was in fact alive; and not murdered by the Joker)

BATMAN
(concerned; to Alfred) No we still haven't talked... He's still... He's still not happy with me... I understand his frustration with me... I...

(The doorbell rings from the Batcave. The bats go wild. Bruce and Alfred know someone is at the door)

ALFRED
(to Bruce) I will go by attend the door. Enjoy those morning scones after that big workout you do...

(Alfred lightly taps Bruce in the shoulder. Bruce smiles as he watches Alfred exit the batcave. Bruce is on the computer; and checks his daily files)

-------------------------------------------------------------
INT. WAYNE MANOR - ENTRANCE