The princess who never was.

Sol, a woman with no dreams yet searches for one, an average lady who seeks for something valuable, living her life alone in a small hut at the center of a beautiful forest with tall trees, blooming rainbow-colored flowers, with the sunlight peeking through the leaves of the tall sturdy trees, there also exists a small pond and the sunlight reflect on it, showing small fishes in it and making it look so magical. Outside the forest, there stands a town that has existed for her whole life, there are numbers of huts, small and big, with farms and stores, filled with the noises and laughter of children and merchants and housewives and men - an average town that everyone could be familiar with. The small town also has horses, and cats, and dogs, and rabbits, and mice, and chickens, and doves, and goats, and cows. Beside the town, there stands a high, mighty, wonderful castle where a prince of ten generations, a prince who is lonely and yearning for his princess, a prince who does not let anyone get closer to him, but his people inside the castle. The prince is kind-hearted, so talented that he could sing, dance, play musical instruments, play different kinds of sports, he is perfect in his own ways but he could not see it. He is lonely, and shuts his door quickly. The prince is named Dawn.

On a fair sunny day, Sol went to the town to buy some food she would need for a week or two, and books to take away the boredom she feels. She was roaming and checking stores, and buying, and talking to children. While she was crouching, talking kindly to a kid, someone caught her attention. There stands a young man, alone looking at his surroundings confusingly. She stood up slowly from crouching, while her eyes fixated on him. Time stood still for her, but fast for her surroundings. She could not take her eyes off him until he started to walk away and could no longer be seen. Sol then went about her day, and went around the town before she went home to her little hut at the center of the forest.

Few days later, Sol decided to go to the town again, wearing a long white silky dress, carrying her little basket. She walks through the forest with a smile on her face, then she hears a neigh from behind a tree. She wandered and saw a horse eating some grass, and beside it, lies a young man, sleeping so peacefully. Sol went nearer to him and saw that it was the young man she saw back then at the town. Her eyes lightened up, and her lips smiled excitedly closed. She crouched and leaned her head to her left shoulder while looking at him. Sol poked his shoulder.

"Hey, young man", she called him. The young man suddenly woke up appalled and speechless. 

"Where are you heading to?" Sol asked him. He smiled and said 

"Just in this forest, they said I would find great rest in here, and maybe  my princess." 

"I will help you find your princess" Sol happily offered him with a big smile on her face. The young man looked at Sol with awe and slowly smiled and nodded in agreement. 

"Let us do that." He concluded.

From then on, they always see each other every day, they talk about their lives sitting on the top of a tree, they laugh and cry and tease, they eat and shop and roam around the town together, they do arts and read books and play music and dance. They became best of friends and each day, they make new memories that Sol really treasured sincerely. Sol fell in love with the young man she promised to help in finding his princess. She became anxious, scared, about the thought that the time is almost near for the young man to finally find his princess. Sol cried that day, but tried to set aside the thought and tried to savor and treasure the moments she has and will have with the young man.

One day, she thought she would try and have the courage to tell the young man the love she feels for him, and embrace the chance she has. Sol ran towards the tree she and the young man always go to, only to see him already standing there waiting for her. Sol thought she could be his princess, his love, the one he is longing for.

"Dawn!" Sol shouted in despair. Dawn looked from his behind, with a big smile on his face and excitement. 

"Sol! I have something to tell you!" He shouted excitedly while Sol was running towards him. Sol suddenly had a huge hope for what Dawn said thinking she was right. Sol came running to Dawn, embraced him, wrapping her arms around his neck, she stared at his eyes, and so did Dawn. Dawn leaned in and kissed Sol. It was the most magical moment they had, peaceful as hearing the birds chirping around them, exciting as riding a horse that runs so fast, cold as going out in a snowy day, warm as the blanket a mother puts on her child, and as enchanting as flying through a wonderful paradise. For the first time, Sol and Dawn collided, not until Dawn backed away.

"I have something very important to tell you, Sol," he said, staring at Sol's eyes with sincerity. Sol's smile started to fade and asked,

"What is it?"

"I found her," Dawn answered.

"Her? Who?" Sol asked confusingly.

"My princess." Dawn answered and a smile started to show in his face. They slowly break free from their embrace, and Dawn excitedly talks about his princess. Sol's world shattered. She was smiling yet weeping inside. She kept asking herself the reason. But she cannot even dare to ask Dawn.

"I am so happy for you." She said to Dawn, smiling with tears on the corner of her eyes.

"I really am," She lied. Sol thought it is the best for the both of them, for Dawn, for his happiness. After all, Sol was just a means for Dawn to find his princess.

The next day, Dawn came back to their meeting place, but Sol is nowhere to be seen.