Now the real struggle begins..!

'I stare into the mirror- a golden river flows from my scalp. I exchange looks with my reflection; my icy, blue orbs glisten-"YEAH RIGHT!"

My hair is a dull-blonde at most, my eyes are normal eyes! And my complexion is so 'perfect' that it just looks creepy! But most of all: THIS ISN'T MY BODY!!

The girl panted heavily into the mirror, temporarily silencing her rage. Kyrie was her name- but what is it now? After all, she's not herself anymore. The old Kyrie had black irises, chocolate hair and overall- a more "Asian" look. But the girl in the mirror wasn't a 3rd generation Korean, no, she looked like your classic American bumpkin; a golden girl with an oddly soft voice...

"God.. when I talk I sound like an 'uwu' girl..!" She cringed.

'████~! 𝘈𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭?' 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥, 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯.

'███𝘪𝘦, 𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘮𝘦?'

𝘕𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦.

'██𝘳𝘪𝘦? █𝘺𝘳𝘪𝘦?'

'𝘒𝘠𝘙𝘐𝘌!'

'𝘈𝘏! 𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳..! 𝘒𝘺𝘳𝘪𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘥; '𝘠𝘦𝘴~! 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭, 𝘐 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘧𝘪𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸!'

'𝘍𝘢𝘣!' 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘱, 𝘧𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦.

Kyrie suddenly shot her eyes wide, her head pounded- she was still in the bedroom; in front of the mirror where her last fit of confusion took place.

'Jeoseung[저승]- what was that?!' she rubbed her temples, 'It felt like a memory- but it's not mine! So why did this body's mother say my name?'

Kyrie hated uncertainty, it made her feel hopeless, lost, childish... but for some reason, this whole situation all felt familiar, deja vu...

She froze. She remembered. Where this is from; this body!

"Holy shit. I'm in 'Heart's Battleground'..."

Kyrie, in her past, had the reputation of an academic; relatively lonely and a gifted, scholarly mind. Her image was pristine, people respected her, she wasn't just some 'bullied nerd', she was popular in her own way, the way that her classmates and teachers liked!

But she had a deep, dark, secret- she really liked Y/n stories! The simplistic and ludicrously unrealistic plots filled her with a joy that just couldn't be replicated!

'Heart's Battleground' was a y/n high school novel, with a cliché 'new student' plot.

"...And now I'm in it... and since y/n's name is 'your-name' it's been replaced with Kyrie..!"

Kyrie had a million and one questions whizzing through her mind, but the newfound knowledge comforted her; 'as long as she knew what was going on.'

"Dear! Are you getting ready for school?" A familiar sounding woman called from downstairs,

'Ah, my alleged mother..!' "Yes!"

"Alright- hurry up or you'll miss dinner!"

Kyrie scratched her head- she'd decided the best option so far for getting out this world would be getting to the end of the story. She opened her closet-

"Jeoseung[저승], do I own anything that isn't a pink dress??"

Her answer was revealed by the discovery of a draw full of skirts, all varying shades of pinks and purples, the odd one or two breaking from the obnoxious colour choices.

"~Sigh~ There's hardly anything decent to wear..!" Kyrie felt defeated.

She settled on a pair of black jeans ("Thank god she had some") and a light pink hoodie. Her hair was tied into a messy bun and the make-up on the bedside was completely ignored!

"Not much else I can do about this unsettling face..!" she laughed as her reflection caught her eye while leaving the room. The protagonist never thought she'd see someone so attractive that they were... well ugly..!

"Morning Kyr- oh!" The housewife turned around with plates in hand- she was surprised to see her child dress differently. Kyrie picked up on this.

"New school- new look!" She boasted with a strange confidence, posing with her hands on her hip.

Her audience member smiled sweetly, clearly satisfied with the answer. 'Ha! Idiot- I have loads of emergency lines prepared!'

The two ate their breakfasts in a comfortable quiet, both paying a mild attention to the small kitchen tv.

'Woo... now the real struggle begins..!'