Maybe not forever

The days, weeks, and months passed. They kept talking everyday at the same time, enjoying each other's company if nothing else. They talked more about their family's than ever, since the boy saw what happened to Ivory.

Soon, Ivory was fifteen. The truth was, he loved her. He loved her more than he could express. But he knew that he wasn't real. She was. She had an actual life. His life was written out for him, no in's or outs. He had no choice.

"Ivory?" He called into the dark and empty bedroom, "Ivory!"

He pounded on the mirror, trying to get into the room.

Did something happen to her when he was gone? Was she okay? Did she need help. The boy needed answers. He continued to pound on the mirror, tears occasionally dripping down his cheeks.

"Ivory!"

But she was gone.

—————————————————————————

Ivory was at school late, doing a school project for a science.

"A model of DNA...or deoxyribonucleic acid," she muttered to herself, tucking a loose strand of her hair back into her ponytail. 

She looked down at her watch. Dang it! She was late for meeting the boy. She'll have to apologize tomorrow, but he'll understand. He always seems to.

That's when her crush walked up to her.

"Hey girl," Chase said, smirking. His hazel curls bouncing as he walked nearer. Their eyes locked, and Chase's blue ones were hypnotizing.

Ivory blushed, and looking away, she muttered a soft hi.

Chase. Ivory's crush, the football captain, and the school heartthrob. Although, he's never dated anyone. Most girls just have a crush on him. Ivory could barely look at him without her cheeks going red.

"I was...I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me..." he said cautiously, tripping over his words.

She looked up, trying to see if he was joking. But he was serious. Why would he want to go out with her? Why, when so many people would say yes, did he choose her? It took her a while to find her voice again. But none the less, so she nodded.

"Great," Chase responded, blushing even more intensely than Ivory, "Does six work for you?"

She nodded again, without thinking, and Chase left. That's when she remembered that that's when she's supposed to meet the boy in the mirror.

She groaned inwardly. Guess he'll just have to wait.