Chapter 1

Emily had been back to school for about a month. She was leaving the library when some people came up to her." Emily...Emily...can we ask you a few questions." There was a camera in her face, flashing its light. Emily couldn't see anything with the light flashing in her eyes. She tripped over herself and fell on the cement. She got up and got to her car. She started it up quickly and left. She started to cry, she looked down at her hand and it was bleeding.

"Call Carter." She said out loud. "Calling Carter." Her car said. The phone started to ring. It was about 12am his time. He answered after three rings. "Hi beautiful." He said half asleep. He heard her crying. He sat up in bed. "Emily? Hey, what happened? Are you okay?"

"I was leaving the library. All of a sudden there were these people in my face. They had lights flashing, asking me questions, I couldn't see and I tripped over myself and fell."

"Where are you now?"

"Driving."

"Are you okay to drive?"

"I'm fine. I just want to go home and clean my hand. I'm bleeding."

"Are they following you?"

"I don't know."

"Are you on a highway?"

"No, I'm in the city."

"Can you switch lanes and see if you see people switching lanes or taking same streets as you." Emily was crying still, she was scared.

"You got this honey." Carter felt helpless. "Can you tell?"

"I don't think anyone is."

"How far are you from home?"

"Like 15 mins."

"Can you add your dad to the call?"

"Um...."

"I'll call him, I have my other phone. I have you on my ear here I'm just going to call your dad okay?"

"Okay."

Carter hit send on Dan's number. "Carter, hello." Dan said

"Hi, I have Emily on my other phone. She called me, she was leaving the library and there was apparently paparazzi at the school, asking her questions, they were taking pictures, she fell and cut her hand."

"Where is she?"

"Em, where are you?"

"I am by the mall."

"She said she is by the mall. My only concern is she is being followed. I asked her to switch some lanes and take a street to see if anyone is."

"I am going to call my friend who is the Captain of the police department. I don't want her pulling over, or driving this way. I am going to drive to her too. Tell her to turn into the mall parking lot and just do laps around the parking lot. I can track the cars GPS. Stay on the phone with her and I'll call you back."

"Okay. Hey Em, your dad says to turn into the mall parking lot, do laps in the parking lot. He is coming there and is also calling his friend from the police, the Captain."

"Okay." Carter got up out of bed. "How's my girl doing? I miss you." Carter said. He went into his closet, he took out a suitcase. He grabbed clothes and put them in a suitcase.

He went on his computer he searched for a flight to Texas. Within five minutes he booked one. The flight was leaving in an hour.

He threw on a pair of sweatpants, a long sleeved shirt, some sneakers, and a baseball cap. He put his laptop in a bag and left the room.