chapter 6: a lucky fox

"W-where are we going?" I asked my mother, muddled.
"You'll see. Just get prepared and follow me."
I went upstairs, combed my hair, went to fill up some water and prepare food incase we get hungry while we are outside. I then approached my mother and repeated.
"Where are we going?"
"You'll see. Just follow me." She looked at me, replying with an unusually calm and disappointed voice.

1 hour later...

We reached a place crowded with different animals. Right infront of us was a huge building that looked to me like a school.
My mother suddenly stopped.
"This is out stop," she says, glaring at the building.
The building was the colour of concrete white with many windows, approximately 40 on each floor.
"Why are we here..?" I questioned, clueless.
"I promoted you to become a patrol fox,"
"WHAT?! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?!" I shouted, exhilarated.
"I was afraid you wouldn't like it-"
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I WANTED TO BE ONE IN A LONG TIME!"
My mother smiled.
"I'm glad you're looking forward to it!" My mother grinned, grateful that I was enthusiastic about it.
"You wanna take a look at your teacher?" My mother asked.
"Sure! I'm sure they'll be amazing!"

10 minutes later...

I stared at the teacher.
They were sitting down, writing paper and ignoring my presence.
They didn't even bother to look at me or my mother.
"So, what do you need?" A dull voice came from the teacher.
"Oh, this is werafoe, the new student to your patrol agency,"
"Mhm." He mumbled.
"So, you're the new student? You look quite interesting,"
"Uh, hello... I'm quite new so I don't know much about you. Would you like to uhh, introduce yourself to me..?" I muttered, stuttering a bit.
The teacher dropped their papers and held up their hands, stood up and opened their mouth.
"I'm Mr shanika olicasio, one of the famous teachers here. I'm usually busy with papers since I'm a busy teacher so I don't reply to people much often. If you want to ask me any questions, don't be afraid to ask them right now. I'll be happy to answer them,"
"I'm, uhh, werafoe kaisaki, and I'm a fox who would love to join your patrol academy. I'm excited to join you in my upcoming classes," I added, trying to sound persuasive but failing and stammering a bit.
"It's nice to meet you, werafoe kaisaki. What shall I call you most of the time?"
The black fox with grey secondary fur and 3 tails with black hands, who is the teacher, answered.
"Oh! Just call me werafoe or kaisaki! I don't mind!"
"Thank you, Mr shanika, for giving us some time to talk," my mother interfered with a grin, dabbing me on my shoulder.
"I hope you a good day,"
As soon as we heard his last words for today, we almost immediately left the place. It felt like time was running quicker than I suspected it would.
We went to one of the shops nearby and looked for food to buy. Luckily, we found a famous patroller pass by while we carried out the food to our home.
I went home, exhausted but excited for joining the patrol academy.