Prologue

Before I start writing, I want to acknowledge Tui T Sutherland for making the WOF universe! What an amazing author.. enjoy the show, folks.

The water lapped gently at her talons, her claws sinking further into the wet sand. A gentle breeze ruffled the webbed spine on her back. Suddenly, she felt a splash of salt water on her wings.

"AGH! Amberleaf, you know I get scared easily! Why..." She whined, to a brilliant orange silkwing.

"Pfft! You're no fun, Sage..." Amberleaf mockingly drawled.
"Oh, I'll show you fun!" Sage exclaimed while starting to ball up some wet sand in her talons.

"Hey. Hey. Nooo... Sage, you know I hate cleaning sand out of my scal-"
She threw the ball of sand anyways, and it landed right under Amberleaf's right ear.

"Wanna go, Sage?" he laughs, while also balling up some wet sand,  keeping an eye on her to make sure she didn't find any seaweed to stuff in his face. She would then screech "PLANT ABUSER," every. Single. Time.

The pair of young dragons tussled around on the beach, both covered in sand, and soon even more sand.
They played until the sun began to graze the horizon, and the clouds took on a light pink hue.

A perfect cue for them, and they took flight, making small clouds of sand from where their hind legs pushed off. It was a very short flight, since they lived under the shadow of a mountain, and they both landed gracefully (not really, Amberleaf almost tripped over his own talons) in a dark cavern.

"Here Sage, I can make some silk to help start a fire." He says, starting to spin some pure white string from both of his wrists.

"Ah, thank you Amberleaf!" Sage says, taking the two strands of silk, and tying them around a branch, and twirling the branch on a plank of palm wood.

The second it started smoking, Amberleaf added some coconut fibers to help the fire grow further.

"Heh, don't need flamesilk to make fire!" Amberleaf says, while smiling a toothy grin.

Sage scoots over to Amberleaf, and rests under his wing, the smoke of the fire billowing gently out the cave, and the sun nearly dipping completely under the ocean.

"I wish we had all the time in the world to be together, Amberleaf."

"We do. I'll always be with you, Sage."

They fell asleep together, just as the stars in the sky began to softly sparkle, and the three moons gently illuminated the beach and forest below.

Until death do them part.

Ok folks, prologue is finished! Potentially more later, or some tonight. I will also start working on the cover art, and if you have any suggestions, let my know!

Love y'all honeybees 🐝
Peace ✌️