Ch 2: Natsu

Hey! I'm Natsu Dragneel. I'm 17 years old and in 10th Grade at Magnolia High and an S class wizard in the Fairy Tail guild. In case you're wondering, yes, I got held back. I'm a fire dragon slayer. I have my own house and my own car. It's a red pickup truck with flames on the side (I painted it myself). I also have a cat, his name is Happy. Life is pretty damn good. I've always had this crush on a girl in all my classes, she's popular, amazing, and she's also in Fairy Tail. Her name is Lucy. It's spring break and Erza invited a few people over for a guild sleepover. Grey, Juvia, Jellal, Lucy, and me. Here's the story. I walk, quite noticeably, into the hall and to my locker. I can feel the pressure of their stares on my back and I smirk. Sometimes it's nice to be the notorious bad boy of the school. Of course, I have a good reason. I used to be a really good kid. I was innocent and never skipped school. I turned in work and didn't cheat on tests. But on the second to last day of my 5th grade and Lucy's 4th grade this kid, Bixlow, was following Lucy home, but that's not where it started. That morning I caught him and his friends checking her out and when he started following her home, I tailed him. He took a short cut and hid in an alley corner. I knew he was going to jump her so I attacked him from behind. I grabbed his arm and spun him around. I was a good two inches taller than him. With my free hand, I shrugged off my backpack, grabbed him by the collar of his white uniform shirt, and pushed him against the wall. Taking my right hand off his arm I punched him in the gut. I wasn't gonna let him hurt Lucy, much less touch her. He followed through with a blow to my nose. I leaped back and he tossed off his backpack. He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a swiss army knife. I gritted my teeth and took off my uniform jacket, growling as I loosened my tie. He stalked towards me as I rolled up my shirt sleeves. He leaped at me but I dodged and it slit across my cheek. At this point, we had an audience. A smile spread across my lips as I grabbed his wrist and twisted it around pinning it to his back. I pried the knife from his hand and tossed it behind me. I wrestled him onto the ground. " Don't you dare ever try that again," I growled. "Fine." He said. It didn't sound like he meant it. But needless to say, I went to school the next day with a scratch on my face and a taped-up nose. I never managed to get the blood off that uniform completely though. From then on I started to fight anyone and everyone who made a move on Lucy in a creepy way. And there were a lot of them. My only priority was to protect her. That's how it started. At times, I was skipping class to find them and I missed the assignment because of that. Then two years ago Bixlow asked her out. But since he was polite about it I let it slide. Then about six months ago he cheated on her with my supposed "girlfriend". When you're famous in school and you were friends with someone who liked you, then rumors start to spread. Mainly started by that very person. This person's name? Lisanna. She had liked me since we were kids and I had known. But this was a whole new level. So I just played along, not paying attention to her. I guess Bixlow did it because he wanted to get back at me for that day, but Lucy was the person he really hurt. Word spread that he had only wanted her for her figure and popularity. And he confirmed that. She was heartbroken because she thought she could trust him. Needless to say, he received numerous threats from people all around the school yet Lucy didn't know about any of it. Not about me protecting her, not about the threats, not even about his actual reason for doing it. Everyone always kept it a secret from her so that she wouldn't be hurt even more. However, she did know that she had a protector but just didn't know it was me. Back to me. I walk into the hallway and to my locker. It's right next to Lucy's. I act as though I remember something and grab a note out of my locker. I had Lucy's number and used it to check up on her after her daily note and for her to text me when she needs help. All she knows is that I'm his messenger. I hand her the note. "Your daily Prince Charming note." "Thank you." She says tearing it open. She seems to enjoy getting these notes every day. I pull out my phone and shoot her a text.

Lucy's view

Shining Knight💖: Hey, r u ok?

You: Yea. Thx 4 the note I appreciate it.

Shining Knight💖: Ofc! Happy Birthday!

You: Aww thx!❤

I see her smile and giggle at the text as I start stuffing things in my backpack. Her phone chimes with a happy ringtone and I know her dad is calling. I listen in on their conversation. I grab my keys from my locker and rush out the door to my truck. I pull up alongside her on the curb. "Hey, Luce." She replies with a cheery "Hey there Natsu!" "Goin' to the guild?" "Yep." "Want a ride?" "Sure!" She says, hopping in the car.

A N: Heyo! I'm still sick lol but here's the next chapter! i hope you liked it! Also i'm fully aware that there are some very cringy parts to this, but i did start this when i was in 4th grade and now im in 10th so.....

Anyway everything that i've posted has been proofread and edited to sound less cringy lol

<33 Love ya'll!