Chapter 1: Where Is Maya?

~Eva's POV~
I wake up in Maya and I's shared dorm (pictured above) and get out of bed. "Morning bestie" I say while rubbing my eyes. No response. Confused, I look towards Maya's bed. Nobody is there. "Huh, weird...she's not there". I grab my phone and text Maya.

Eva 💙: Hey girl, where are you?
Delivered

~About 5 minutes later~
Nothing. Well, maybe her parents wanted to talk to her about something with them being king and queen and all. I'll probably see her in class later. I get up and get ready, texting the group chat.

Eva 💙: Have you guys seen Maya? She wasn't in the dorm this morning
Colin 🩶: Nah, haven't seen her
Jordan 💚: Weird, no, I haven't seen her either

Hm, that's really weird...I hope she's okay. I'm probably just overthinking it. I check the time. 7:58 am. Shit! I'm about to be late! I rush out of the room, stopping briefly to grab my keys, closing the door behind me as I get to class.

~Colin's POV~
I see Eva rush into class, taking her seat in front of me as the bell rung. "Nice timing, Ev" Jordan said as Eva fixed her hair. "Thanks, I didn't realize the time" She stated, turning around to look at the both of us. "But, neither of you have seen Maya?" She asked. "No, we're surprised too, normally she's with you." I say, tapping my pencil against my notebook. "I know! I really hope she's okay..." She said, glancing down at the floor. "Hey, I'm sure we'll see her, you know how her family is with all their royal duties and everything." Jordan said. "Jordan has a point" I say. "I know, I'm just worried about her." Eva said, turning back around as class began.

~After Class~
The bell rung as everyone packed up their stuff and went to leave. Jordan and I waited for Eva to finish packing up her stuff. "C'mon Ev, we're gonna be late." Jordan said. "The bell just rung, chill, we still got a few minutes," Eva said, standing up and slinging her backpack over her shoulder "besides, when have you ever been worried about being late?" she asked. "I've been worried since right now since if I'm late again, my dad said he was gonna take away my VR headset." Jordan said, as we all left the classroom. "Did he really say that?" I ask, looking at Jordan. "Yeah, man, I wouldn't joke about that!" he replied, walking a bit faster as we got closer to our next class. Right before we walk into the classroom, we see Maya walking towards us. Eva runs up to her and almost tackles her as she hugs her. "Maya! Where the hell were you?!" Eva asked, hugging Maya tightly. "Woah, Eva, chill. I was talking to my parents." Maya replied, hugging her back. "You didn't answer my text! I was worried about you, dumbass." Eva pulled away from the hug. "Aw, you were worried about me~?" Maya teased. "Oh, shut up." Eva replied. We all walked into the classroom together, sitting down as the bell rung for class to begin.

~Maya's POV~
I didn't expect Eva to be that worried about me. She normally hasn't freaked out like that. It's probably because I wasn't there when she woke up. I'm normally there to talk shit with her but my parents called me and I had to talk to them about some random royal duties, I wasn't really listening. I love my parents, don't get me wrong, but I just wish they'd get off my back every once in a while. I know, I'm the daughter of the king and queen of Auardon, I'm a big deal, but I don't really care about these royal duties they keep telling me about. I just want to be a normal teenager, is that too much to ask for? I don't want to be a role model for anyone, especially for every citizen of Auradon. That's way too pressure for one person! At least I have my friends to keep me somewhat sane...

Would Maya Beast please report to the principals office? I repeat, Maya Beast to the principals office.

...Shit.

{End of Chapter 1, 713 Words}