The Strange Princess's Maid (Spm 1)

I.

The night after her start, Madoka began to look after Princess Fiara who pretended to not have ever said anything odd to her the next morning. Madoka did not question it further. Waking early and getting her cleaning done, she steeled herself for what was to come next. Waking the princess up and getting her dressed.

Surprisingly, she was already changed, but struggling with tying her corset.

"Why the hell do they shove kids in these things," she muttered as Madoka would quietly help her.

"Watch your language," Madoka gently said.

It would go on as a sort of ritual each day, with Princess Fiara finally giving up and letting Madoka change her.

Madoka found the job of taking care of Princess Fiara to be quite an ordeal at first. In the first year looking after her, she tried to blame Madoka for an incident involving the destruction of an expensive clock. Madoka was terrified, at first, of the King's reaction. To her surprise, the King had not believed Princess Fiara from the start, laughing as she pouted. She was swiftly sent to her room afterwards.

After that incident and seeing how well Madoka controlled Princess Fiara, the King himself eventually allowed Madoka free reign in disciplining his Daughter. He was fully used to his daughter's antics, while Madoka was merely warming up to them. Was Princess Fiara not her own age? How did she come to be like this?

She was unrestrained, a beast on the loose screaming down the hallways with stolen treats, calling her and her fellow maids the "Feds." Madoka would chase after her.

Other times, she would play pranks on her Brother during important meetings. He had a fear of serpents and she took advantage of it by making toys shaped like them. He had the patience of a saint and his Father's kindness, merely sitting her on his lap while handling affairs.

When the guards spoke of how difficult it was to find her, Madoka had mapped out the Princess's eight hiding spaces already, only to find that she had two more spots that she would hide in to avoid meeting suitors.

"I'm only 12!" she shrieked. "The hell is this? Haven't you prehistoric savages heard of consent?"

"Watch your language," Madoka scolded her, for she and her Brother Prince Fiara were the only ones the Princess would listen to. "You are a woman, a Royal Princess at that. These men are going to rule countries in the future. Must I remind you of your station?"

"Jeez, Madoka," Princess Fiara would whine. "For my soulmate, you sure are absolutely militant. What about you, don't tell me YOU would want to get married to some slimy adult or a little boy!"

"I am a servant," Madoka reminded her. "I have no such place in life for anything else."

"That's not fair! You can't pull that card on me!"

Months later, Princess Fiara's manners improved. Madoka had refined her into being able to gracefully eat without causing trouble. The King even praised Madoka on how swiftly she managed to turn his Daughter around. What truly caused Princess Fiara to turn around was dancing.

Madoka did not know how to dance and Princess Fiara hated dancing with her instructors. She had the mind to cut them off, when suddenly she got an idea. Madoka could tell from her mischievous countenance that she was in for a troublesome day.

"I'd rather dance with Madoka!" She pouted, pointing directly at her maid.

"M-me?" Madoka was taken aback. The instructor loved it and clapped. And so Madoka learned to dance with Princess Fiara as her partner. Madoka had something stir in her heart, an odd freeing emotion she has never felt while in the Princess's arms. She truly was having fun, as the Princess was speaking about.

She would look forward to dance practices with her every day, refining Princess Fiara even more for her role as a future Queen. It was after several sessions that the princess would listen more intently to Madoka's instructions, becoming ladylike and graceful.

A strange conversation happened by Madoka while she was dancing with Princess Fiara. She was finally coordinated enough to move in perfect rhythm while speaking softly without falling.

"It's just like the movies, don't you think?" Princess Fiara quipped. Madoka said nothing, for confusion was written on her face. "Of course, you don't know what a movie is. Maybe one day, you'll understand the secrets I will tell you."

"I," Madoka held her tongue. She rarely did speak what was on her mind. Most of what she spoke of were lines that the Head Maid herself disciplined her long ago. Now, she used them to discipline the Princess.

"Speak what's on your mind to me," Princess Fiara said with a smile. The Instructor clapped and they shuffled positions. Madoka twirled her in her arms, then gracefully returned back to her first step.

"I wish to know more about you, Princess Fiara," she nearly choked on her words. Her, a mere servant, asking that much from a Royal? "I want to understand you better."

Princess Fiara closed her eyes, as if she was waiting for Madoka to say that for a very long time. "Very well. Come to me tonight."

She smiled a beautiful, radiant and blissful smile. Madoka was about to warn her, but she tripped and fell on her bum.