Dangerous Fears(complete)

My black-heeled sandals click across the wood pier, beneath me, for the seventh time while long brown curls dance in the soft breeze, caressing my shoulders. Dark sunglasses cover my hazel eyes, which scan the crowd, looking for the telltale of his tee shirt and worn jeans. No matter the season, he always wore jeans and a t-shirt. Nathan was usually "fashionably late," but it had been a half hour. I lean my elbows over the wood railing of the pier and looked out at the melodic waves crashing against the shore. I close my eyes, listening to the waves for a while. Strong hands circle my waist, the familiar smell of him washes over me, his voice strong in my ear,

"Sorry, I'm late." he said.

I smile, finally. Turning around in his strong arms, he meets my smile with a kiss and my fingers find their way into his golden-brown hair. We hadn't seen each other in two weeks, since he had gone with his father to Africa over spring break, which resulted in a beautiful tan.

"Let's go," he said, tickling my nose with his. We laced fingers walking down the pier and along the beach. we walked for a while enjoying the sheer presents of each other passing people and umbrellas until we stopped at a pink and orange floral blanket set with champagne flutes, a bottle of sparkling cider, and a plate of sandwiches.

"Forgiven?" He asks looking at me for approval.

"Always," I said smiling at him. We sat down on the blanket and I pull off my sandals and sunglasses, while he opens and pours the cider.

We had finished our lunch and lay nestled in each other's arms, basking in the warmth of the sun and each other. It was heaven to lie in his arms after being apart for so long. I lifted my face, like a flower to the sun, and his lips brushed mine, not quite a kiss. He got a silly smile and said in a playful tone,

"Come on," he stood with a grin, pulling me to my feet.

"You'll want to take that off," he said gesturing to my blouse and pulling his white tee off over his head. Quizzically, I un-buttoned my buttons and slipped it off my arms, letting it fall to the blanket revealing my black bikini bra. Pulling me in close, he took my hands, draping them over his shoulders and we swayed slightly with the breeze, our foreheads touching. His smile broadening, he lifted me off my feet holding me in his arms and ran towards the shoreline. A smile ripped across my face and a startled scream escaped my mouth as I realized what he was doing and braced myself for the water. I laughed as the waves splashed my sun kissed skin.

"Ready?" he asked playfully, threatening to drop me into the water.

"No!" I squeaked as he dumped me in, laughing as I surfaced. I splashed at him, the water hit him in the face. In return he sent a spray of water in my direction. I ran further into the waves avoiding his next splash. He chased after me, kicking up the water in front of him making it rain down on me. I was laughing so hard I could barely make my way through the water. Finally, I couldn't run anymore and he caught up with me, scooping me up in his arms again. We couldn't stop laughing. He sluggishly pulled us out of the water collapsing on the blanket in a wet, giggling mess. Brushing my wet hair out of my face, he leaned down and kissed my nose, breathless. Our ragged breath mingled as we held each other, my heart still racing. Time slowed and seemed to stand still as we were captured in this moment of perfect happiness, laughter, and fun mixed into a perfect romance, and I knew I never wanted to let him go. I pulled his head down and our lips met. We lay together on the blanket, letting the sun dry us.

I was beginning to drift into sleep when he stood up, pulling his tee shirt on.

"I have something for you," he said.