Chapter 1

Time. Time is what I least have. This year has been probably one of the most busiest year yet. So many things to do, so many places to go, but I'm grateful. Grateful that I have over 8 million beautiful faces supporting me. Grateful that I have the opportunity to travel all over the world. From Los Angeles, to China. Grateful that I'm living here, right now, in this exact moment. I closed my eyes and laid down on the comfortable, soft bed. I can smell the clean, fresh detergent on the white covers. Even though I was relaxing my body, my mind wasn't. Millions and millions of thoughts running through my mind. I got up and looked at my window to see the view from my hotel. New York City. Such a beautiful place. The skyscrapers standing there long and tall. Many New Yorkers walking down the pavement streets, trying finish their errands. My thoughts got interrupted when something on the television screen got my attention.

"Good morning America and we got some Dancing with the Stars news. As you all know we are here to reveal our surprise couple. Here they are, 5 time mirror ball champion, Derek Hough and Olympic gold medalist, Nastia Liukin. I stood there in utter shock. I was deciding if I should be glad or surprised.

"I thought he wasn't going to.."

"Welcome you guys."

"Thank you for inviting us." Nastia responded

"Our pleasure. So Derek I think everyone is asking the same question right now. We thought you weren't going to participate this 20th season?"

"YEAH!" I said, yelling at the TV.

"Yeah you know that was originally my plan but I didn't want to miss the 10 year anniversary of Dancing with the Stars, so I was torn between the show and The Rockettes and I'm so thrilled to do both of them but I'm also glad to have Nastia as my partner."

"Yeah so about the New York Spring Spectacular show, how is that going to work out?"

"Oh, so I'll do a couple of shows everyday, fly out on Sunday night and come back on Tuesday morning and everything works out because Nastia is actually studying here in New York."

"So Nastia how do you feel joining a dance competition?"

"I mean I'm so excited. It will be a new and different experience and I'm so glad to have Derek as a partner so we'll see where this goes."

"Well we are both glad you're dancing this season, back to you Tom." I turned off the TV forgetting today was the day that GMA will be announcing the cast for season 20. I rubbed my arms together, trying to keep them warm on this chilly day. I sighed and continued to look at the window. Only thinking about one thing. Derek. My fingers began to trace the window sill. My fingers feeling the coldness of the glass screen. Hearing a door creak open, I see my manager ready to tell me an announcement.

"Bethany the Aeropostale clothing meeting is ready for you."

"Thanks I'll be there in a minute." I grabbed my bag and my phone. Before I left, I went on Twitter to see what's going on. As I checked my timeline, I see everyone congratulating the pros with their new couples. I see some of Derek's past partner congratulating him for getting Nastia. I went on iMessage to text Derek my gratitude but I hesitated. I shook my head and locked my phone.

"No, it's none of my busy." I ran to the door and locked it. I went to the elevator and press the button to go to the lobby. Closing my eyes, I was still thinking about that one thing. Derek. I have to let go. I must. But why can't I?Maybe because I spent over 3 months with him. Or maybe he made me the person who I am today."

Hey loves. So hoped you liked this small chapter and I might write another one on the weekend or when I have time. Hope you all have a fantastic week and I love you all very much.
🌸💫🌙🌸💫🌙🌸💫🌸💋