Chapter 2- hate

Lilah Bullard

Waking up was a bitch. Colden was here when we woke up and he told us they carried us in and Kaden made sure we were good. So now we are both on the couch with a headache and eating soup.

***

I feel much better after some food, sleep, and advil. Like I said I'm a nice person so I'm knocking on Kaden and Coldens door. I hear the open.

"thank you for-" I say as I look up. But stop when I see Kaden with a black eye and busted lip.

"Oh my god. What happened? Are you ok?" I say stepping forward. I may not like Kaden but that's only because he doesn't like me. But really, I care about him.

I lift my hand up to check his face when he grabs my wrist.

"Don't." He says.

One word. One word filled with so much hate and coldness.

"Fuck you Kaden. I'm trying to help." I spit yanking my hand from his grasp and turning on my heel. And I walk back to my dorm with out turning back.

***

I decided on going out by myself tonight. I need to get drunk. It's been 2 weeks since I last talked to Kaden and the last time I went out and did something fun. But since Ivey went home to see her family it's just me. The club Im going to has a friend that works there. He's a bartender and says he'll watch out for me while I'm their so I'm not as scared anymore.

I can't stop thinking about Kaden and his bruises though.... Fuck him and his rudeness.

I go through the doors in my emerald green mini dress and find my way to the bar. The blaring music fills my ears in a bitter sweet sort of way.

"Hey jay!" I smile as he comes to stand in front of me.

"hey gorgeous." he says with a playful wink.

"Can I get a shot?" I ask. "I need a buzz."

"Coming right up."

Jay places 2 shots infront of me and then walks back to other costumers. I down both and wait for the buzz. Then I go to the dance floor.

getting lost in the music I feel two hands on my waist, swaying with me.

"Hey." He says in my ear.

"Hey." I whisper back.

"Let's get out of here?"

"Okay.." I smile following him to the hallway in the bathroom.

He pushes me on the wall and starts kissing my neck leaving marks. his hands slid down my legs and that's when I realize I can't do this. Not now. not with him.

"Hey I'm sorry I can't." I say pushing him back.

"Fine, bitch." He says putting his hands up and walking away.

I go back to the bar and to where jay is mixing a drink. "Can I get my bag? I want to leave."

"Oh yeah sure. Are you ok?" He asks handing me it from over the counter.