Ch.1 Something's odd with Gingerbrave

It was a fine day in the Vanilla kingdom, Cacao and Pure Vanilla were together on a date at one of the dessert shops in the kingdom. Pure Vanilla has spotted one of his friends Gingerbrave on a stroll and waved at him.

"Hello Gingerbrave! What are you doing on this fine day? Come along and sit with us." Pure Vanilla called out to Gingerbrave with glee, trying to get the other cookie to come over.

Gingerbrave just gave Pure Vanilla and Cacao a stare but nonetheless came over to the two, though something seemed odd about him.

Cacao had a gut feeling that something was the matter, but he'd looked at Pure Vanilla to see him talking to Gingerbrave without a care that something could be wrong. He was confused was Pure Vanilla not seeing the odd nature that Gingerbrave was giving or was it all just in his head? He doesn't know but he stayed quiet and listened into the conversation sipping on his black coffee.

"So Gingerbrave what have you been up to? We've haven't seen you in a while after all your adventures." Pure Vanilla asked Gingerbrave before chomping down on a muffin.

"Well you see, I've been going on a new adventure with a new friend I got! They said we would need you and the other ancients!" Gingerbrave replied to Pure Vanilla proudly then asked "Would you like to come with us? My new friend would love to meet you all!"

"That sounds lovely!" Pure Vanilla added with such joy "We can go after me and Cacao's date, Cacao would you like to come as well?" Pure Vanilla glanced over to Cacao while asking the question.

"Are you sure you want to go? I mean it seems sketchy doesn't it?" Cacao pondered for a moment should he really go? He doesn't want to upset Pure Vanilla for not going but then again what if this is some type of trap anyway where is the rest of the crew? "Besides where is the rest of your crew Gingerbrave? Wouldn't they want to go too?"

"Don't be such a sour jellyworm in the mud Cacao it's completely safe!" Gingerbrave said with a smile to try and convince him. "The rest of my crew are busy at the moment and that's why I'm getting you! You can believe me can't you? I am the hero after all!"

Pure Vanilla was agreeing with Gingerbrave and looked back to Cacao giving him the begging face. "I mean he does have a point Cacao, Please can we go? Anyway if it does get dangerous it will be the two of us it will make us stronger."

Cacao sighed he was right it would be better odds in battle if they stuck together, besides he couldn't say no to his cute face. "Oh alright I'll go, but only to keep you safe in case of danger..."

"Perfect! Then we will go as soon as after our date is over!" Pure Vanilla clasped his hands together settling the plan.

"Sounds like a plan! Bye Pure Vanilla and Cacao I will see you after your date, I hope you two have a good one!" Gingerbrave waved farewell and headed off to wait until his potential victims to come back so he can do what was in the plan for Dark Enchantress.