n. sturniolo

...

The day dawned heavy with betrayal, a weight I carried from the moment I woke. Nick's betrayal hung over me like a shadow, casting darkness over what was once a friendship built on trust. Matt, his brother, stood as a pillar of support, unwavering in his loyalty, for which I was deeply grateful. But the desire for vengeance burned within me, fueled by the sting of deceit and the need for justice, regardless of Matt's counsel.

As the school day unfolded, tardy as usual, the corridors buzzed with activity. First period had long passed, and students clustered around lockers or mingled in hushed conversations. My gaze fixated on Nick, engaged in animated chatter with Sarah. Seeing them so at ease together ignited a spark of mischief in my mind.

Recollection surfaced of Nick's clandestine conversations with a closeted boy, a detail he had once confided in me. And that boy, as fate would have it, was none other than Sarah's boyfriend. A smirk crept onto my lips as I concocted a plan.

"Hey, Nick. Hey, Sarah," I greeted them with false warmth, relishing the tension in the air as they exchanged wary glances.

"Remember that guy you've been chatting with?" I began innocently, watching Nick squirm under the weight of his guilt.

"What guy? I don't know what you're talking about," he protested, his facade faltering.

"Oh, you mean Andrew," I continued, watching Sarah's expression darken with realization.

"Andrew? That's my boyfriend!" Sarah's accusation sliced through the air, her anger palpable.

Nick stumbled over his words, denying the accusation as I retrieved my phone, revealing the damning evidence of his betrayal. Sarah's fury erupted, pushing Nick against the lockers before storming off, leaving him to face the consequences of his deception.

Turning to Nick, I met his gaze, unyielding in my resolve. "What the hell, (y/n)? I thought we were friends," he muttered, his voice tinged with betrayal.

"Friends?" I scoffed, incredulous. "Friends don't shatter trust and expose secrets meant to be kept in confidence."

His apology fell flat, drowned out by the echoes of his betrayal. "I did what I had to do," I replied, my tone firm with conviction, refusing to be swayed by his feeble attempts at remorse.

...