I couldn't save her...

Kanade was close to hanging up on the nightcord call as Mizuki helped Mafuyu explain her situation and what happened the night before. Mafuyu almost jumped. She thought her music was helping. Was she just being lied to? Did Mafuyu make it up, pretend she was getting better?

That's the one thing she didn't need to hear. All the support she gave and it didn't help.

She stared at her screen as Mizuki finished typing. "And that's what happened, Mafuyu do you feel better now that the other two know."

"Slightly. I hope you guys are okay with knowing. I don't want to hurt you."

"Mafuyu.." She murmured. Kanade didn't respond to what Mafuyu sent. It did hurt her. Her best friend almost died last night and she wasn't there to help.
She was slightly glad because her friend survived but she couldn't help feeling broken. Her promise to Mafuyu was that she would save her but clearly that didn't work out.
Why did she have to be so stupid? Thinking she had done enough to save Mafuyu, to be her other half.

Who was she kidding, she can hardly take care of herself. Let alone take care of another. It's clear that she didn't have the ability to fix what's broken.

Kanade looked down and realised that she could try to escape the pain.
"One click and I never talk to them again. One click..."

"I have the chance to type one more message before the deed is done. What should I put.." As she said this she started typing.

"Hey guys..first of all I want to apologise. I probably did nothing to help here and Mafuyu if I wasn't helping you, you could've mentioned. The story just told makes me feel like I've failed but I hope you end up alright. You're an amazing person, I hope one day you are finally satisfied with who you are. I'm sorry but this is goodbye."

"Kanade..? Is everything okay?" Hm, a response from Mizuki. "I wonder if they actually want to know what's up, I've bottled everything up for a while and now this, I'm just going to hurt everyone which will make my pain worse.."

Kanade didn't even respond to Mizuki. She dragged her mouse so she was ready to click the button. The first step, "Are you sure you want to uninstall: Nightcord?"
She clicked confirm. Maybe this will be her way to escape, leaving everyone she failed behind.
Starting again even though she felt worthless...