Addiction

--- This piece of fiction is based off of the NBC series Hannibal. This show contains graphic depictions of violence, death, and other such mature themes. Please read at your own risk. ---

     Hannibal had been getting restless. At first, Will hadn't noticed. When he finally realized, he thought nothing of it. But, when Hannibal told Will to get take out one night instead of cooking, he grew concerned quickly.

     "What?" Will choked on the water he was drinking. "Are you joking?" he asked through coughs. He looked over to his husband, who was sitting on the couch, reading a French novel. 

     "Why would I be joking, darling?" Hannibal's voice was smooth in Will's ears. He didn't move from his spot in the book, he didn't even look up to address his husband. 

     Will walked over to sit next to Hannibal. He slipped a bookmark into his husband's novel and closed it. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" he asked, setting the book down and looking back at him. "You've never opted to not cook for me." 

     "I hate to say it," Hannibal began, his voice losing it's usual smooth tone, "but I think I miss killing." He laced his fingers between those of the smaller man. "I know we are trying to make a new life for ourselves here, but I can't stop thinking out it." His composure was slipping. 

     "I feel the same way." Will closed his hand around Hannibal's. "I miss it too." 

     Hannibal looked over at Will, hoping to get reassurance from the eyes of his lover. "If you feel it too, darling," he spoke, "why don't we try it again?" 

     Will smiled lightly, growing closer to Hannibal's face. "Anything to make you happy again, Dr. Lecter."  After he finished his sentence he pressed his lips against Hannibal's. 

     As the kiss broke Hannibal spoke, "You're too good to me, darling." He kissed Will again. 

     "The hunt begins tomorrow, then."