What did you bury?

There were two cloth bags slung over both of their shoulders, Andrew had the pelvis and legs and Y/n had the ribs, spine and skull.

The mud of the bog slopped against their boots and tried to take them with the body of her father.

Andrew tossed his bag first, watching it sink below the surface of the mud and acid.

Y/n handed him her bag and he tossed that in too.

The walk back was silent, except for the sound of mud underneath their boots.

They left their shoes outside and walked barefoot up the porch, the full moon lighting the way up the stairs. Y/n had her back to Andrew and she was leaning forward on the kitchen counter.

Andrew didn't think around her, his brain fogged up and couldn't tell him what he was and wasn't allowed to do. So, with his clouded brain, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing a kiss to the side of her neck.

She leaned back into his touch and he pressed two more kisses to her skin, one higher up on her neck and another on the bone of her jaw.

"I'm going to run you a bath." He whispered, his lips brushing her ear as he spoke. "You can wash up in a moment."

She let out a quiet sigh as he moved away from the counter.

"Andrew." She said.

"Hmm?" He responded, turning around at the entrance to the kitchen.

"Thank you." She said quietly, looking at the porcelain tiles on the floor.

He chuckled, padding over to her from a few feet away and putting his hand on Y/n's cheek.

"May I kiss you, Y/n?"

She placed her hand over his and nodded slowly.

He tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and pressing his lips lightly to hers. Y/n snakes her arms to touch his stubbled face. He pulled back slowly, and she could already feel him slipping from him, she didn't want that.

He was about halfway to his entire height up, seeing as he was crouching over to reach her lips.

"Again." She spoke.

"Pardon?" He chuckled.

"Kiss me again, Andrew." She looked up at him, her e/c eyes shining.

"Are you sure?" He whispered, slowly placing his hand on her hip, tracing circles.

"Absolutely." She tugged his shirt down so that his face was inches from her.

His green eyes were scanning every feature of her face, every flaw that she had scolded in the mirror he wanted to press another kiss to, every freckle and every scar.

"I want you to wash yourself up. Maybe the water will clear your head." He said, slowly sliding her hands off of his cheeks and placing them at her sides.

Y/n looked disappointed in his reaction but nodded slowly in agreement.

"Okay I'm going to go fill it up, okay?" he replied, cupping her cheeks again.

"Okay," she whispered.

He smiled softly and pressed another kiss to her forehead, hurrying to fill the antique tub for Y/n.

Hey y'all giving a shoutout to my girlfriend cuz she read through most of this before i posted it. everyone say "what up shawty"