Chapter 12

Skylar

Skylar blinked at the bright lights. She groaned as she felt pain all over body. She opened her eyes fully and glanced around. She frowned, not understanding right away where she was. She glanced towards the door as it banged opened and Liam came striding through.

"Skylar," he whispered and than leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips, "I'm so happy to see you awake sweetheart."

Skylar smiled up at him, "I'm happy to see you too. But what happened? Why am I here? I feel so tired."

"What do you remember?" Liam questioned as he sat down beside her, grasped her hand and kissed it.

"We were on our way to the airport for our honeymoon I think? My mind is pretty foggy after that."

"We got ambushed on the way and you got injured. The doctors had to put you in a medically induced coma."

"Oh my goodness," Skylar softly said as she leaned back against the pillows.

"But you're here now and it's been taken care of."

"What has?"

Liam put his hand through his hair and sighed, "The men who caused it. They are done. We destroyed them. You will never have to worry about them again."

"Liam, you know how I feel about violence."

"I know darling but what happened was unacceptable and I had to do my job."

"I know," Skylar replied, "And I love you for taking care of me. I just wish." Skylar was unable to finish her sentence as Ella came bounding in.

"Mommy," she shrieked and climbed on the the bed and hugged her. 

"Hello my love, I've missed you," Skylar said as she leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"I've missed you so much mommy. But I have learned so much and I'm so excited to show you all my new skills. I hope you will be proud of me. I thought of you every day and I missed you and I'm so happy you're alive."

Liam chuckled and leaned down and picked Ella up, "Okay little one, we have to let mommy rest. She has a long road ahead for recovery."

"Okay," Ella said, "Bye mommy, I will come visit you every day."

Skylar smiled, "Okay sweetheart, I look forward to it. Hopefully soon I will be home."

"I will have you home as soon as I can," Liam promised. 

Liam kept that promise and in a few days was able to bring Skylar home. He had a bedroom set up on the bottom floor and a full time nurse employed. 

Overall it was a good time in the household. Ella flourished in her skills and every day Skylar felt better and stronger. Liam was less stressed and made it a focus to spend time with both of his girls. Liam was super busy however with his new area he acquired due to the takeover so he wasn't able to spend as much time as he wanted. But there was only minor hiccups and the transfer of power went fairly smooth. No one wanted to get on his bad side. 

They were both excited to be parents again. Liam especially was excited to be part of the pregnancy and early years since he never got that with Ella. Ella was beyond excited for a little brother or sister. She was already planning on what to teach him or her. 

Months past quickly and soon it was time for the birth. Skylar moaned as she felt another contraction hit. Liam was trying to be calm for Sky but he was so stressed out. He hated seeing Skylar in pain and he didn't know what to do. Skylar smiled softly up at him and said, "It's okay LIam, this is normal." Her face than grimaced and she looked away. 

"You are doing beautifully my love," he replied as he leaned down and kissed her forehead. 

"Okay Skylar," the doctor said, "It's time to push."

Skylar pushed and pushed and yelled and groaned and soon they heard a cry. The doctor handed the baby to the nurse who cleaned it and than gave it to Skylar.

"Congratulations you two. You have a beautiful baby boy." 

Liam

"Holy crap, I'm a father," he thought to himself a little while later, thoughts going miles a minute in his head. He looked down at the bundle in his arms and didn't know quite what to do. He was terrified of dropping him. He was so small and perfect and he glanced over at Skylar and saw her sleeping peacefully.

"Hey little guy, I'm your father. I promise to be the best dad ever." He leaned down and kissed the baby's forehead. His forehead wrinkled up and he started to cry which woke Skylar up.

"Is he hungry?" she asked sleepily. 

Liam nodded and gave him to her. Liam watched the baby nurse on Skylar. He loved these two and Ella with all his heart. Once Skylar was done nursing they decided it was time to let Ella meet her baby brother. 

Liam walked down the hallway to Ella's room. She was busy practicing her shooting with her toys gun. They had built a mini toy gun range in her room. Ella wasn't allowed to use real guns by herself yet so they gave her a toy one to use whenever. 

"Ella love, want to meet your baby brother?"

Ella shrieked and ran to him and he picked her up and kissed her on the forehead. "Yes daddy, I'm so ready. I will be the best big sister ever."

Liam smiled fondly down at her. "I know you will be." 

Liam carried Ella into the room and Skylar smiled at her. "Come Ella, come meet Theo. Your new brother."

Liam lowered her to the ground and she walked forehead and gently petted his head. "He's so tiny," she said, "Was I like that?"

Skylar giggled, "Yes Ella, you were tiny just like that when you were born."

"Wow," she said as she leaned close to him and whispered, "Hey little guy, I'm your big sister Ella. I will teach you everything I know and we will rule the world together."

Liam grinned and chuckled softy as he listened to her. Skylar and his eyes met and they gazed at each other with so much love. "I love you," he mouthed to Skylar.

Skylar mouthed back, "I love you too."

Liam didn't know what the future would hold but he knew that whatever happened they would be a family and they would be together.