Chapter 1: Joining Mafias

I was shocked when I learnt that the man is actually part of the mafias and the leader of mafias is inviting me to join them because they heard rumors about me being a strong fighter. I was over the moon when I heard the leader of mafias wanted me to join them.

I always wanted to live an exciting and dangerous life instead of a old and boring life that I cannot take any risk. While the man took me to their secret base, he told me not to tell anyone about the invitation or it will get me in trouble. Guess gotta shut my mouth up about this mafia thingy.

Once we reached their so-called "secret base", it was a huge and dark place underground. Some people who I assumed are mafias were covering their face with masks and I saw a man sitting on a red chair. He was wearing all black, like all other mafias. I looked around curiously and saw tons of papers on the wall. Pictures of some humans are on the papers who I assumed are the targets of mafias.

The man who was sitting on the chair then signaled me to go in front of him. I then walked towards him and he suddenly cupped my face, making me to look at his mask. His mask is quite creepy but I wasn't afraid, to be honest.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hissed as I grabbed his hand, glaring at the man.

"Ah... You're indeed that girl..." the man nodded slowly and finally let go of my face. I was still mad at him but it wasn't time for arguing and I listened to him patiently. After all, he is the one who can change my life!

"You're the leader of mafias, right?" I asked as I titled my head curiously. He nodded and got up from the red chair. He then walked and stood in front of me. He is so tall, I swear to god. I mean, I'm already short in my academy so it's normal to meet anyone taller than me.

"Cherlyn Shinako... Do you agree to join us and obey my every commands?" the man asked me in a serious tone.

"I do agree to join you and obey your- Wait, I can't agree to obey every commands of yours, sir! But I'll try to obey the commands if possible..." I stated as I crossed my arms.

"Alright then. However, you cannot go with the name 'Cherlyn' as your mafia name. Please do consider an alias as your mafia name. By the way, just call me boss or sir. You are not allowed to know many information about me first since this is your first time," the man continued, adjusting his mask.

"Hmm... Can I be called as 'Kaede Kitsune', sir?" I asked excitedly.

"That's an interesting name. But why 'Kaede Kitsune'? What does it stand for?" my boss asked, titling his head.

"Well, you see! 'Keade' is maple in Japanese and 'Kitsune' is fox in Japanese! I love maples and my personality is quite similar to foxes!" I answered proudly, putting my hands on my hip as everyone there stared at me.

"Ah... Okay, then... Welcome to the team, 'Kaede Kitsune'..."