Item Hunting

*Knock*

*Knock*

Knock*

"Uh....Ello ? Anyone here ?" I called out into the seemingly empty town hall.

Walking deeper into the building I notice the rustling of some papers. Moving to a nearby office I knock on the door .

"Hello? " I call out.

"AHhHhHhHh!" a female voice screamed out. 

Quickly opening the door I come face to face with a woman panicking at a desk. 

"W...who are you ?! What do you want?!" She shouted at me . 

"Uh ......I'm from ...Fairy Tail ..Ya know ." I hold up the job posting ." For the job." I explain

She takes a relived breath and places her head onto the desk . " Oh thank god!" She says exhaustedly.

"Um...you gonna be ok?" I ask bored of the situation. 

"Y..yeah sorry , Just been stressed because of the monster the job post is about. " She explained . 

Nodding in understanding I sit in the chair across from her . " I just came for some basic information before starting the mission. " 

"Of course , anything you need so we can be rid of this monster." She says with a glimmer of fear in her eyes.   

"Well first , why don't you explain the first sighting of the monster and what exactly it's doing."  I say Making myself more comfortable.

Nodding, the woman pulls out a cigarette and lights it. " It started a year ago. " She began as she took a puff of her cigarette. 

"Last year our village opened it's first magic shop , you see wizards and Rune knights pass by here due to it being the easiest route from the mountains to a number of any towns . Chances are we get over six hundred travelers per day just passing through. But ....when our magic shop opened  the monster just appeared. It comes from the mountains and when it comes here it goes after any and all magic items . The shop was attacked first , a number of stock were taken ,this happened regularly . We brought in members of mercenary guilds  and even requested help from the capital , but ....the mercenaries were no match for the monster and we haven't heard anything from the capital. " She pauses to take another drag from her cigarette , releasing  the puff of smoke after the deep inhale. " After a while the shop owner got tired of the shop being attacked and just left. Then the monster started to go after the travelers for their magic items. This in turn is making people take a detour around the village ,thusly destroying the livelihood of our town. We have little to no money and honestly paying the reward would in fact break us, but we might be able to bounce back if that monster was taken care of. Please ......Please help us!" 

Taking a deep sigh I stand up . " Keep your reward, instead I'll take a few of the Items in exchange for Fairy Tail's help . Just be sure to keep everyone in their homes while I work . " I dust myself off and give her a small smile. " I got this, please put your mind at ease. " I said as I leave the office with a small wave.  

Time skip brought to you by F/n investigating