Chapter 1: Spin

"Jerria, come on! It's not that hard! It's a simple spin, pop, then strut!" Coach Carol's been correcting my every mistake for the past two hours.

"Okay, take 5!" Coach Carol sighs, "and you guys better have that routine memorized by the time this break is over!"

I grab my Varsity Dance Squad water bottle, and let it soak my Cesterwood Cheetahs dance top, fix my ponytail, and head to the bathroom.

"Hold up, Jerri." The sound of my best friend's voice, Ariel James, makes me smile.

"Hey, Ari. Coach keeps stressing me out, I'm at the breaking point right now. I feel like my feet are going to fall off!" I whine, Ariel looks at me with a face that's says sarcasm.

"Aw, poor Jerria. Coach keeps telling Jerria that she forgets to turn." Ari says, in a pouty tone.

"STOP IT!" I reply, mimicking her voice.

That's another talent we both share, two years ago, in acting camp, we took an animated voice lesson. Where we learned to copy a character's voice perfectly, we're naturals!

"Alright dancers!" Coach Carol's voice interrupts our little "act", "Let's get going! First position! And...take 1!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey! I hope you guys enjoy the story and join me on this journey of dancing in the rain!!!!

~ DauntlessDancer11