Part 1: Trauma

Warning: mentions of a deceased Professor and vomiting!!!
———————

"Hoping nothing jumps at us again like that damned futuristic Delibird and Donphan!" Penny says as she, you, Arven and Nemona approach Research Station No. 4 within Area Zero. Thankfully, there were no jumpscares as you all reached the door and entered the station.

It was a disaster inside! Crystals and debris were everywhere. "What happened here!?" Nemona asks. "Damn, Dad," Arven said, "you really let this station go to shit!" You go to the switch in the place to disable the final lock. Nemona and Penny stand about; looking at all the mess everywhere. Arven peaks around the corner, then turns around to slowly walk to another corner.

"Got the last lock." you said. That's when you hear a loud clatter and a forced gag. You, Nemona and Penny turn to see Arven.

Arven had puked.

"Arven!!" you panicked and ran over to Arven. "Oh, shit!" Penny gasped. "Dude, are you okay?" Nemona asks. Arven stood there, hunched over the trash can he had vomited in; he spits in the can. His hand placed on to his tummy. You rub his back gently. "Are you okay, Arven?" you asked.

"L-look over there." Arven groans, pointing his hand to the corner he was just looking in. You look there. There, you see what looked like a pile of bones with a lab coat and a futuristic uniform. That's when it hit you.

Turo's dead!

"Ummmm...." you were hesitating; with a bit of shock in your tone. "What?" Nemona and Penny asked at the same time. You look back at Arven. Arven had tears falling straight from his eyes. He was crying. You look back at the girls. "Turo's dead." you said. The girls' eyes widened in terror; their jaws dropped. But then you wondered how Turo communicated with all of you if he's dead. Did he make pre-recorded messages before his death? Is there an alter ego he hired to act and dress like him in case anything happened to him? There was so much you wanted to know.

"Come on, Arven," you took Arven's hand with one hand and wrap your other one around his shoulders and walked him over to the bed and sat him down, "just take a moment. Don't let go of my hand." You sat down next to Arven, trying your best to comfort him.

It tore you to see your best friend in such a heartbroken state. He had lost his father. And seeing his father's bones traumatized him badly to the point where it made his stomach sick. It's no wonder he hasn't seen or heard from him in such a long time.

Arven had been crying for five minutes. Then the false Professor Turo starts to talk throughout the area. "It seems Arven has figured it out. I can hear him. Arven, I am terribly sorry about your father. I understand how hard it must be right now. Take as much time as you need."