Chapter One // Nervous

Y/N'S POV

Hogwarts. My (really) only escape of reality. I felt relieved as it was your third year back. I looked forward to seeing my friends! Harry, Ron, Hermione, I pretty much got along with basically everyone!

Feeling overjoyed would've been an understatement as I stood before the train at its stop with my dad. "I'm gonna miss you. I promise I'll be back for Christmas break, I'll even write to you every free period, tell you how I am." I told him. I wanted him to be reminded I was still going to stay in touch with him, not to let a school interrupt how close the two of us are as a daddy-daughter duo. He laughed, "You don't have to do all that! I just want you to be safe." He says as he pats my shoulder. "You sure? I don't want to worry you." I look at him, an eyebrow lifted to visibly question his words. "Of course. Don't write me unless something's up or if you just want someone to talk to, okay? I want you to have fun." He looked at me with a soft smile, nothing but care in his eyes as he looked deep through mine to signify he stood by what he wanted for me.

"Okay, father. I love you." I smile, trying to contain my own emotions, not to cause a scene in front of others, being as me and him are both standing in front of a train door as the train's at its halt.

"I love you too, my darling." He responds back. And with that, I felt every regret for even considering not hugging him before I step foot on the train. "Oh, who am I kidding-" I say as I run into my fathers arms, earning a slight groan of pain being that he's not used to such aggressive contact anymore.

Nonetheless, he still wrapped his arms around me and patted my back. We stayed like that for about fifteen seconds, and when we both knew we were hugging for too long, my dad let go and held me by my shoulders. "Okay, they're about to take off. Be safe, I love you." I smile at his reassuring three words. "I love you too." I turn around to step on the train, looking back once more. Only just to wave for my final goodbye, thankfully earning a wave back from my father. And finally, the train had taken off, and we were in motion. I sighed, my suitcase in hand, I was ready for whatever the year had for me, happy that I'm starting the year off perfectly just by three words received from my dad.

As I'm about to find my booth, I hear a voice from behind me. "How heart-touching, nothing better than father-daughter love!" I scoffed. Just as I thought this year was coming to a good start.

By "pretty much getting along with everyone", Draco Malfoy wasn't in mind. He's nothing more than a big blob of negativity, his motto is just "I am the best, and I deserve the best", and if it hadn't made it clear enough, I despise those who have that mindset.

"What do you want, Draco?" I finally turn around, only to slightly have my eyes widened a smidge. He looks... fairly better as someone who I had a time poking fun at their appearance with my close house friends. I guess there's my slytherin trait. "Oh nothing," he responds after a brief moment of utter silence besides the sound of the train in motion. I guess he was also surprised by how much I've changed. Sure, I wear makeup now, just a slight wing of eyeliner and your typical mascara and lipgloss look. But none of this was enough to just give a stare at for, it's just natural makeup and a growth spurt! No big deal! He continued, "Just wondering how your summer was! Or, how the life of a mudblood was." He snickered, very much waiting for my temper to rise.

But instead, I stayed collected. "That word isn't very nice, Draco. And, for your information, my summer was better than just sitting around in a manor and telling butlers to fetch this and that."

"That isn't true! I actually did things this summer!" He argued back.

I smirked, "Yeah? Like what." I looked at him, I expected nothing but a snobby answer. "I.." He looked around, visibly thinking of something "fun" he did. "I.. I went to Egypt!" He finally looked back at me, obviously feeling some sort of pride out of the obnoxious thing he had just told me. "Really? Never thought you were a ginger and had the last name Weasley, then again, I just might be color blind..." I snorted. He was totally lying! How pathetic!