Hallucinate

╔═══━━━─── ❦ ───━━━═══╗Suggested Background: BlackSuggested Font: GeorgiaSuggested Size: Any╚═══━━━─── ❦ ───━━━═══╝

Suggested Background: Black
Suggested Font: Georgia
Suggested Size: Any
╚═══━━━─── ❦ ───━━━═══╝

When regarding past, present, and future there is one important rule that humanity often forgets despite their best efforts: the past has already happened and should stay there, the present is now and demands one's full attention, and the future has yet to come so there is little to concern oneself with it despite other's insistence. Conscious effort is needed to stick with this rule until it becomes natural. By then, one will have consciously pushed the past enough it does not ensnare them in its touch longer than a couple of minutes; any longer, and one is liable to be swept back into its currents.

Bodies of water can't quite compare to the past because in reality one must strive to make it out alive, their mind must be constantly working as survival instincts kick in the high gear. Mental currents are much harder because there is little one can do to escape the confines of their mind, dipping one's hands into cold water or their entire head has been shown to help awaken the body's survival instincts to draw them out of their mind. Unfortunately, that only works when one has access to water.

Few acknowledge this important rule and fewer abide by it, Anthony Lockwood (but don't you dare call him that he prefers Lockwood) liked to believe himself to be among those limited folk. He prefers to keep the past locked away where it belongs, away from prying hands and devious minds that would love nothing more than his downfall. Being young does not equal being uneducated, despite the belief of many, in fact it allows one to see the flaws of the older generation that they learned to accept and not question.

Indeed, the past is allowed to be nothing but a driving force, something to push him forward rather than halt back, to continue moving forward. However, with each case his agency completes they seem to be seeking parts of his life under lock and key. The past is supposed to remain in the past yet everything shifts when he thinks he saw someone from his past, someone who he definitely never expected to see again. It was only a glimpse and could have been someone who looks like her and therefore Harlow Meadows was passed off as a hallucination, it was all the various questions about his past getting to him. Lockwood needed to hide the chest even more especially if he was seeing things in the present.

This method might have worked had Harlow Meadows not returned to the city of her youth.

Harlow Meadows knew she would return to London when she was older even as the distance grew between her and the city as time also continued onward. The city held many lives and secrets within each stone and she desired nothing more than to uncover as much as she could. Harlow's talents in storytelling lead her to pursue a career as a photographer and journalist whilst being a waitress in whichever location she found herself in. It didn't make much, but it was what she loved. Being a waitress was something to gain money, not something she can foresee herself doing in the long run, no she longed to travel the world, but first she has to make it big. What better location than somewhere with a lot of people from the living and undead?