1. on my way

so here I am. I'm Jess and I'm 16 years old and im in an uber on my way to the JFK airport and I'm all on my own. why? so this is my story: "when I was 14 years old I was on my way to Florida during the summer holiday. my parents decided to go with the car (don't even ask) when we almost arrived a car crashed onto ours. I was the only one who survived the car crash. and since i'm not 18 and i can't live on my own i always have to move in with a family temporarly. which makes me a foster child." now back to the real story. i'm going to San Antonio, Texas to move in with a family. luckily this isn't temporarily, this family wants me to be a part of their family which im really thankful for. so the uber driver is talking crap about traffic or something while i'm starring out of the window seeing NYC flash by.
* 1 hour later *
and here I am again. sitting on the plane, window seat ofcourse. when the plane takes off nobody sits next to me which im actually really happy about because i don't feel like being social. the 4 hours plane ride isnt that bad, probably because during the whole plane ride ive been listening to music and ignoring everybody passing by.
when i finally get my luggage and walk out of the airport i see an uberdriver holding a bord with my name on it. its a nice uber tho, he listens to trap music (very impressive for a 50 year old man). an hour later we arrive at the house where my new family lives.

and im standing here in front of the door with my luggage and being so nervous i feel like peeing my pants. a second after i pressed the door bell i feel like running away but i dont know i just froze. a curly haired boy opens the door.