Out From Under

Every night when I turn the lights out, I hear it. The shuffling noise of something trying to be quiet but also not really concerned if they aren't. It comes out every night, I've never really seen a face, just a silhouette.
If I turn the lights on, it disappears. Its never tried to hurt me or even come near me except for the first night. I couldn't scream, I'm not even sure if I tried. Its never made me feel scared.
The first night, it was on the side of my bed, peering down at me. Its breathing silent but I felt the exhale of breath of my cheek. It got close to my face just once, then backed away and retreated to the corner of my room where it continued to watch me through the night.
Ever since then its been in the corner of my room, watching me.

One night, once its situated in its spot. The slightly daker circles on its face, making its eyes, get bigger. What I can see of its face almost looks alert. Slowly he begins to move closer to me.
Moving to my side of the bed, standing in front of me, it turns its back on me, something its never done. Its always faced me, never away.
My alarm system begins to blare out. I move to get up, to shut it off but it stops me. It puts its hand up and looks over its shoulder at me. I don't move.
It tenses up as my bedroom door is slowly creaked open. I reach for my gun under my side pillow but it stops me again.
A man enters my room, gun in hand, heading for my bed. I don't recognize him, I don't know why he's here to kill me. The thing from under my bed opens his hole of a mouth, a noise that only the intruder seems to be able to hear disables him.
It moves closer to the man and lays a hand on him, slowly, the man dissolves almost. Vanishing without a trace.

It rises from kneeling and takes its place back in its corner. The corner of my room until morning, when it'll be back under my bed.

Credit to: Me. This is my story.