chapter 7: moving on

"Wow so, you actually kissed Olivia?!" T asked, just finishing a customer's order. Spencer was organizing the display case so that the pastries would be in order. "Yeah, it just happened. Not going to lie, it felt good."

"We were having a serious conversation and then... in the moment, we just kissed. Passionately." T keeps a shocked face as he takes another customer's order. "Dawg, this is going to be my face throughout the rest of my shift because this will never escape my mind." Spencer lets out a chuckle, finishing the last-minute touches on the case.

"So, how are you going to tell Iyana?" 

"I'm not." T glances at him. "And why not? Ain't she your girl?"

"We're not even together. She made it clear by calling me a friend the other day."

"Did she say that with confidence?" T asks. "She did hesitate, but that probably meant nothing."

"Well, do you want anything more with her?" Spencer contemplates, hearing T's question. "I mean... why not?"

"Man, you didn't even sound confident when you said that." 

"It's because... I don't know how to feel. I mean I like Olivia, like... like her, like her. But, she most likely won't return her feelings back. She hates me." 

"Well probably not, depending on how that convo went." T adds in. 

"Maybe, maybe not. I just don't want, whatever we have right now, to be extremely confusing."

"I'll just try to move on and find someone new."  T raises his eyebrows. "Yeah good luck with that. Look, whoever you're with, I'll be happy for you man." Spencer smiles, patting his friend's back.  "Thanks man."

It's been over a week since me and Olivia had a heart to heart conversation. It's only been a week since we kissed.

Yeah, we kissed. Just like that. And it felt amazing.

However, although it felt good, part of me felt that it was wrong to do. She told me a rough past and yet, she made the move on me. I didn't think she would but she did. And I wasn't complaining.

I wanted a moment like that with her for a long time, I just didn't think it would be so soon.

Did I just say that just now?

Yeah, I guess I did. I like Olivia, so what? Sue me.

I like Olivia, but she seems to like somebody else. I've never met him. I don't know his name, and I'm not sure if I want to know. But what I do know is that I want her to be happy. But all in all, it still leaves me confused.

Why did she kiss me if we don't really get along like that?

Huh, I don't want to make this situation more confusing than it already is.

___________

Maya gives a side eye to Olivia, who is looking suspiciously at the window. She was wiping down tables when she kept noticing her best friend act funny. Liv was sorting out money in the register when Maya walks up to her.

"Hey Liv, are you ok? You've been acting funny recently. You have a face full of regret and you keep looking out the window. Did something happen between you and Trenton? Or you and Spencer?" Liv glances at her, saying nothing before focusing back on the money. Maya frowns before opening her mouth in shock, seeming as if she figured something out.

"Oh my god! Something did happen between you and Spencer!" Liv puts the money back in the register before looking at Maya again.

"Please. Where did you get that from?"