chapter 11: history re-written

Bismarck stood still, unmoving as if she were a statue. Deathly red and black streaks flowed in an upward spiral around her, a corruption so powerful that it permeated into the surroundings.

Confusion and fear ran amongst many of the Royal Navy ships present. Yes, the Ironblood battleship wasn't moving. Yet her appearance itself was so horrifying that they would've run had there been no mission.

Segments of Bismarck's body bent at impossible angles, making her appear almost demonic, as if there was no rigid skeleton to support her flesh.

Her weapon still held in hand, now adapted to kill for it was coated by an opaque layer of the same red and black substance which surrounded her. Raw siren energy, potent and poisonous.

More such energy covered her once meagre rigging, now elongating the sentient fragments to form draconic heads, clad in scales and spikes. Above her floated the weapon which made short work of King George V's armor, one of Tester Beta's laser canons, smaller than the original yet just as deadly.

She hunched slightly...

Her body shook a miniscule amount, as if something was writhing underneath her skin.

What followed was nothing but nightmare fuel: Bismarck's muscles spasmed at random, loud crunching and cracking followed as every bone was put back in place, and she laughed... she laughed in a manner devoid of pain, fear. It was nothing short of a madwoman's cry.

Then as if to further attest that she has lost her mind, Bismarck proclaimed that if such a being as God were real, it would've been killed by her own hands.

To those that knew Bismarck, this is not her.

What stood before the Royal Navy fleet is an imitation, a fake. Something that took over the mind of the true battleship and perverted everything she stood for. This siren-controlled fake had no honor, no shame. Only bloodlust.

Bloodlust which it was more than happy to share.

Starting with King George V, now a weakened ship. But she won't kill the Royal Battleship just yet, where's the fun in simply slaughtering without tormenting your prey?

And speaking of the prey, she did a most curious action. Slowly, she walked across the surface of the water towards Bismarck, prompting the Ironblood battleship to focus only on her.

King George V: "You've finally shown your true colors, Iron Blood battleship! For a moment there, I almost thought you had some honor as a warrior.

Turns out, my concerns were wasted on the likes of you. You do not even deserve the name bestowed upon yourself."

King George V had lost all respect for Bismarck, yet her intent wasn't to berate the Ironblood vessel, it was to anger her. If Bismarck would only focus on King George V, then the rest of the fleet would be free to attack. A risky plan, unrefined but adequate.

King George V: "We of the Royal Navy will never sacrifice our dignity out of fear of death or failure, but you threw away yours so easily.

Whether you deem yourself to believe in God or the sun matters not to me. All you need to know is that we will put an end to you and your plot."

Time slowed down to a halt as King George V approached Bismarck. Each stride marking another second where her enemy was focused only on her, she needed to be as close as possible for her 14-inch guns to function as intended.

Yet through all of this; Bismarck scarcely moved, tilting her head at most in a state of slight confusion. Why wasn't King George V afraid?

Given Bismarck's lack of attention, the carriers of the fleet had the perfect opportunity to launch a surprise attack.