Hidden Feelings

"Y/N... " Dazzling, white hair, sweaty after a hard day of training, shone in the sun. His slightly flushed face became a deeper red as he uttered those words, a look of worry painting his scarred face. Butterflies began dancing in your stomach.

"What is it, Sanemi?"

He opened his mouth tentatively, about to speak. Your heart pounded heavily with anticipation.

"I love-"

Cock-a-doodle-doo!

The loud crowing rooster broke through your dream. Startle turned into frustration as you realized what Sanemi had been about to say.

"Stupid rooster!" You muttered. It hadn't been the first time your dreams had been interrupted by that insufferable crowing. He had been so close to confessing his love... in your dream. There was no way real-life Sanemi would ever say those three words. Not to you, probably not to anyone.

You kept thinking about your dream as you got ready for a day of training. The way his hair shone bright in the sunlight, how sweat glistened off his toned stomach. His usual glare had softened as he looked at you. That's how you knew it was a dream: Sanemi would never look at anyone that way. Just as you came to that conclusion, you realized you had put your pants on backwards.

"Focus, Y/N." You muttered to yourself. Daydreaming about your mentor would do you no good. Too much was at stake to be thinking about something that would never become a reality.

"Y/N, HURRY THE FUCK UP." As if summoned by your thoughts, you heard your oh-so-kind mentor calling from beyond.

"Sorry, coming!" You quickly put your pants on the right way, slipped on your sandals and scurried out. Sanemi was sitting at the dining table with two bowls in front of him, one full, one empty. He glared as you entered.

"You were supposed to be here before the rooster crowed. The sun has risen a good amount since then." He was simmering.

"Sorry, I accidentally slept in. I had an... interesting dream." You felt your face go red.

"An interesting dream." He said, doing a terrible impression of you. "I don't care what fucking dream you had, the next time you're late to breakfast, I'm eating your food."

"Okay, okay, I get it." You sat opposite to him and quickly ate the miso soup in the bowl before you. Sanemi was a surprisingly skilled cook, and despite inhaling the soup, you tasted an array of vibrant flavors. You could feel him staring as you ate, making your face flush against your will. You glanced up at him, making eye contact. For a few seconds, you just stared at each other. The dream popped into your head and your heart began pounding wildly. With an angry tsk, he got up from the table, leaving you with a red face.

"Meet me outside when you're done. You better not take long." With that, he strided out. You quickly finished your breakfast and followed him out. Maybe you were imagining it, but the air between you and Sanemi had felt... electric. It was probably just an effect of last night's dream. You were pretty sure Sanemi was incapable of catching feelings for anyone, especially you, his tsuguko.

As you walked towards the front yard outside of his house, you could see your mentor stretching, getting ready for a day of training. That dream meant nothing, you thought as you walked over to him. Nothing, as your heart began pounding. Sanemi looked up at you in the middle of a stretch.

"Start warming up." He grunted and continued stretching. You couldn't help but notice his built physique as he warmed up. His toned abs...

"What the fuck are you staring at? Didn't you hear me? Start warming up." Shit, how long had you been staring? Hot with embarrassment, you began your daily jog around Sanemi's property. Your mind wandered back to last night's dream and this morning's staring contest. No, stop thinking about him, you thought angrily. He was your mentor and nothing more. But you swore you had felt something between you and him this morning. As you stared into his purple eyes. His beautiful eyes... crash.