The Beach

Emma and I finally shove our way out of the school doors giggling to ourselves. We stumble but refuse to unclasp our arms that are thrown across each others shoulders. Our heads lean on each other while we laugh stumbling.
"Welcome to summer ladies." Says Josh smiling as he sees us. We all start laughing.
Me and Emma finally stumble into Josh's jeep. The same jeep that drives us to parties every year. The same jeep we blast music on while sticking our head out the windows with the wind in our hair. Josh's jeep. Our car. Cannon is already in the passenger's seat connecting his phone to the jeep for music.
"How was your guys last day at school?" He asks turning around in his seat to face us.
"The best!" Says Emma putting on her seatbelt still beaming. Emma has a glow on her skin that seems to always bee there. She has clear skin and wears very light and natural makeup. She has porcelain skin. She has long blonde hair with hazel eyes that shine in the sun. Her smile is always there. It makes her complete. Her smile makes Emma, Emma. My best friend since kindergarten. My best friend in the whole wide world. Emma is tall but not super tall. She is around 5'5-5'6. Skinny and ready for hot girl summer.
I have long brunette hair with porcelain skin like Emma. I have gray/deep blue eyes. I have freckles that cover my cheeks but mostly cover my nose. I'm 5'5 and like Emma have been preparing for summer since last summer. I have a few pimples here and there but ever since Emma has gotten me a ton of skincare to use before summer started, my skin has cleared up nicely. Emma and I have matching outfits like every last day of school before summer starts. White air forces with white socks. Shorts that go to a little above mid-thigh that are ripped at the bottom. A yellow tank top with our best friend necklaces. Our hair is spilling over our shoulders like always. Everyone could tell. We're inseparable.
"The only reason it was the best was because we never have to step foot in that building ever again!" I say laughing while lightly touching Emma on the shoulder.
"Yeah Amy is right. Like always." Says Cannon turning back around.
Cannon has rich tan skin and hair that is always put nicely together. He has wavy hair that sits perfectly on top of his head. He has dark brown hair but sometimes he will put some shades of lighter brown in it to look fancier. He always wears the same shark tooth necklace everyday. His dad got it for him for his 13th birthday. He is wearing a gray shirt along with tan cargo shorts and I'm gonna assume his normal black sneakers. Cannon hasn't had any acne since the 10th grade. He has long eyelashes that every girl I know is envy of. Cannon and Josh graduated one year before us. So, their one year older. They remind us enough already.
Speaking of Josh, Josh has honey tan skin that fits perfectly with his brown hair that has a few streaks of blonde due to the sun. He has gorgeous deep blue eyes that look like the ocean. Maybe that's why I like looking at the ocean so much as I like looking at him. He is wearing a black shirt that makes his hair look darker then it is. Gray cargo shorts. The same ones as Cannon's but just a different color. Along with his signature white sneakers. I don't ever remember him ever having a different pair of sneakers at all. Always the same. Never different.
"Well ladies do you have your bathing suits?" Asks Josh starting the car.
"Of course we do!" Both Emma and I say at the same time smiling. Their always in our backpacks towards the end of the school year. Always.
"Perfect." Says Josh and starting driving back out of the school parking lot. Meanwhile Cannon finally finishes  scrolling and picks a song. Both Emma and I look at each other and shake our head.
"Cannon you better change that song right now. You know the drill" I say at him with my eyebrows raised. He looks at me so innocently it's hard not to laugh.
"Of course princess." He says laughing. He knows I hate that. Cannon is like an older brother to me. He knows exactly what to say to get me to laugh and to piss me off at the same time.
Finally he gets the song right. Cruel Summer comes blaring though the speakers. Emma and I immediately starting singing our hearts out and laughing while looking at each other the whole time. Every year. Even when Josh's mom had to pick us up from school. We always played Cruel Summer. Maybe this year something with be different. I look different then I did last year. Better. Prettier. Maybe this is the year Josh will see me. I mean. He has always seen me. We flirt with each other none stop every Sumer. The only thing is that we've never made a move. I think this summer will be different. I'll make it different.
Emma and I are still singing by the time we pull up the the beach but we stay behind and let the song finish. When it's over we grab our things and race towards the beach.
Summer is our home.