❗️1❗️

// Hi hi hello. Starting a new book and hoping I'll actually work on it. Once again, 2000's style canon diversity, and I will not apologize.

I'm aware this chapter is short and I feel guilty, but I wanted a story set up really badly. I want something I'm willing to work on be introduced finally. //

War.
In war, the only way to strike at what is strong, is to set blows to what is weak.

Starscream was no stranger to this news. He was one of the many in the war of his time, who strived to use whatever was below him, and there was a lot below him. Whether it be an unsuspecting enemy, naive comrade, or himself he was to use at times, he used it.

Eventually, you'd think people would catch on, and he'd grow faulty, eventually you'd think, people would give up on him, not giving a single worry to how he may have turned out like that. Wouldn't bother for a second of their time.

But oh, how wrong you'd be.

Crimson optics opened with a soft and comfortable light shining from then as the frame attached suddenly felt cold. Starscream groaned and whined. All night, it had been on and off. He'd feel bitterly hot, and wake up. He'd feel horrifyingly cold, and wake up. He could hear his internal clock going off and he looked around the room to where his siblings' beds were.

Thundercracker and Skywarp were both still in the room, seeming to chit chat before morning patrols. Starscream usually was up and chatting with them. He pushed his blankets off of himself before sitting up, catching their attention.

"I sleep past my alarms and you fail to wake me?"

The other two seekers exchanged a look, and Starscream's frame shook with slight anger when he saw pity in their optics.

"Listen, maybe it's best you stay here today. You hardly got any sleep last night." Thundercracker muttered back far too sweetly. Starscream hated it.

"I'll be fine."

Skywarp's head turned to him, and he knew he'd hear a remark about recent events.

"Are you seriously this sick cus' Megatron was declaring Autobot and Decepticon peace?" Starscream's spark recoiled and burned with hate and fear. Biting back yelling at his sibling as he clutched the sheets of his bed.

"No." He said firmly, wings twitching with annoyance.

"Is it because you won't ever get the chance of being leader?" Skywarp tried to ask again, eyes wide, ready to toy at his younger brother.

"No. Skywarp, be quiet." He said, standing up and feeling a churn in his tanks, letting it leak onto his facial expression too easily, his brothers getting to his sides in worry. He couldn't even tell them to stop as he nearly collapsed to the ground, only stopped via their aid.

They calmly helped him back to his bed. Covering him with blankets and sitting on the edge, watching their younger sibling cough and shiver.

Thundercracker shot Skywarp a look before turning to their ill sibling. "Star. It's really best if you stay here today. No matter what the reason may be, you're unwell and we can't risk you hurting yourself. We're working out peace treaties, and I know you'd be embarrassed if the Autobots saw you like this." He calmly said.

Skywarp piped up, right as Starscream was about to be convinced to stay.

"Maybe Skyfire will be here today. We could ask him to swing by, maybe? You two are still friends, right?"

Starscream groaned and rolled over so he no longer saw his siblings in his line of view. Giving away exactly what was wrong. He could feel them shift uncomfortably.

"I'll stay, long as you keep him, far far away from me."

The two older seekers shifted again, and Starscream heard his blue trinemate talk again. "Very well. Try to get some rest, twinkles." He mumbled, using that horrible nickname.