01

─────

─────

Life as a college student is never easy. With the student loan that you have to pay off, the academic scores that you have to keep up, and your part-time job, you can hardly focus on anything that's not a priority to surviving at the moment.

And unfortunately, that came with being as single as anyone could ever be.

You sigh as you dry your hands on a tablecloth nearby. The closing time was nearing and you were beyond excited to finally drop home and sleep like a log for the next three days. Maybe you could spare some of your time to watch Hana Montana, you thought as you wiped the last table.

You were lost in your thoughts when the door opened and the bell rang, indicating that someone had just entered. Looking up, you sigh and hurriedly make your way to the counter, quickly tying a makeshift ponytail to make yourself look presentable as you put on your most commercial smile.

"Hello, this is Cafe Dream, what would you like to order-" You began, clicking away at the monitor to get the person's order ready. The lack of response makes you look up and you swear you felt your breath get caught up in your throat.

You wouldn't have ever forgotten his golden-rimmed glasses, his adorable brunette hair that barely just reached his eyes, and that little mole he had next to his chin. You remembered it all. It was ingrained in your memory like a staple to a paper, you couldn't get enough of him even when you knew your best friend was dating him.

"Riki?" You squeaked from behind the counter as you stared at him, his face sporting a rather childish grin as he waved at you. You noticed he grew taller and his face was much more defined, if anything, he grew to be more handsome than you last remembered him to be. You observed the black track pants that he wore along with a white shirt which was topped off with a black jacket, looks like he never gave up dancing.

"It's been a while." He acknowledged, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he swayed from his left leg to his right, looking rather nervous.

"It has." You agree, scratching your neck shyly. "What brought you here back to Korea?" You asked, tapping away at the monitor to seem like you were doing something instead of just staring at your tattered and old dirty white converse.

His eyes light up as he grins a little, "Came here to become a trainee." He said, hands on his hips as he nods proudly.

You always knew about Nishimura Riki's passion for dancing and performing but his becoming an idol trainee was something that you never expected. Either way, you look at him from the counter to give him a satisfactory nod, "Idol trainee, huh? You better remember me when you debut." You said, teasingly.

He waved it off, a little grin on his face as he shook his head. "I probably won't debut." He dismissed it as he looked around you, observing his environment for the first time since he entered the cafe.