Chapter XII: I Don't Want To Be Alone

It had been hours since Mando took off with that inexperienced kid. Nylah didn't think it would be easy, but with Mando's skill set, she had a feeling he should have been back by now. Fennec was famous. It was no wonder the New republic went after her when the war was over.

Nylah sat on a chair, facing the door to the main road. Her knee shook impatiently. Peli held the child in her arms as he slept. Darkness had taken over the Mos Eisley sky. Suddenly the door opened. In walked Toro but no one else. Nylah immediately stood, feeling something was wrong.

"Where's Mando?" She asked him, her right hand staying close to her armband to activate one of her blasters.

"Things have changed." Nylah felt herself take a deep breath.

"Peli, run!" Nylah yelled before activating her blaster and firing at Toro, who dived to the side to dodge. Peli stood and raced past them. Toro shot in front of her, making her clutch the child tighter and stop in her tracks.

"Hey!" Nylah screamed, once again gaining his attention.

"You're about to find out why this pretty girl is in the Guild."

She started for him, planting a solid punch across his cheek. He stumbled but he was quick to recover, he pushed her back, making her almost trip.

When she was catching herself, he shot, grazing her thigh. He used her temporarily phased state to punch her, making her hearers fly out of her ears as she fell to the ground. She shook her head but quickly realized she couldn't hear anything. She cursed and hurried to her feet. She looked around and couldn't find him. He couldn't have disappeared, she thought.

Then she felt a sharp pain in her forehead and she fell to the ground. She groaned and tried to roll over. In her blurred vision, she could see Toro's outline but quickly, everything went black.

"Peli," He shouted after the woman. She stopped and realized there was nothing she could do. She turned to see Toro pointing his blaster at her.

"Get back here," he gestured to the ground next to him.

With slumped shoulders and a tight grip on the child, she slowly made her way back to the door. She walked down the small hill to see Nylah limp on the ground in front of the Razor Crest.

"What did you do to her?" Peli asked, her eyes widening in horror.

"She's not dead, I don't think."

"When Mando gets here, you're gonna be the one dead."

"Not if I kill him first."

When Mando finally arrived back at the hanger, he kept his blaster raised and ready. He stocked through the open door and into the bay area.

"Finally!" Toro's voice called out. He dragged Nylah out from the shadows of the ship. His grip was tight on her hair. Peli was on her feet with the child in hand. They were being guided by the tip of Toro's blaster.

"You're here. She hasn't shut up since she woke up" Toro nodded down to Nylah who was looking back at Mando. Blood was dripping down the side of her face from a cut in her forehead. Her bottom lip was busted and her hands were bound in front of her.

"What did you do to her?" Mando grunted, his hands clenched into fists at his sides.

"She's fine. The busted lip isn't as bad as it looks. The blood down her face, yeah, that could be bad, but it doesn't matter."

"Mando," she breathed out. "I couldn't get to my activator in time. My hearers..they fell out too. I can't hear anything."

"Looks like I'm calling the shots now, uh partner? Now drop the blaster and put them up." He ordered. Mando dropped his blaster a few feet in front of him and put his hands behind his head.