30

Yoongi and Taehyung were in the living room watching TV together. Although, one was more absorbed than the other. Yoongi browsed through his phone, trying to find more furniture for his room because he had found a wood maker whose work he was obsessed with, and now wanted to find a piece which he could get commissioned. Taehyung laid on his lap watching an anime intently, not a single thought in mind. He did feel happy though, even if Yoongi had promised to pay attention this time but was actually on his phone. 

Seokjin, Jimin and Jungkook stood in the doorway, watching with soft smiles. They weren’t entirely sure when the two had made up and gotten comfortable enough to be cosy like this in front of the members, but boy was it a pleasant sight. All the members had been worried about the two and weren’t sure if it was best to leave it to themselves or bring management involved. And as it turns out, they were much more efficient on their own. “I still think something more is going on with them though.” Jungkook said in an almost whisper. He was leaning against Seokjin’s back with his arms interlocked over his chest. “They seem kind of intimate don’t you think?”

Jimin wanted to say something so badly. He pretended to not hear the maknae. But Seokjin spoke up. “There might be. But we have to wait for them to tell us first. And in the meantime, all we can do is help nourish this friendship before whatever this is, falls apart.” And he was right. He and Jimin hadn’t been 100% kind to him months ago when they’d all argued, and it had stirred up a lot of things for the Daegu duo. The duo who were so gentle and fragile but glowed with passion and appreciation for one another. And whether or not they were actually dating or fooling around or becoming even closer it was not anyone else’s business until they made it someone else’s. 

Namjoon and Hoseok were in the kitchen cleaning up the dishes and beginning the preparations for dinner. Hoseok had been tasked with teaching their leader how to properly and safely wash, peel and cut various vegetables. They even had some calming music playing too. It was going so well; the atmosphere was calm and concentrated. “Hyung, do you think Yoongi hyung and Tae will be okay? Like what they’re doing isn’t gonna affect them badly.” Namjoon mumbled as he finished his pile of potatoes, dumping them into the sink for Hoseok to give them a final rinse. 

“Joon what I think won’t matter either way, but I’d like to think that they know what they’re doing. And that if they ever need help then they’ll come to us when they feel comfortable. But if you do want to ask them anything, go ahead. You’re not just our leader but our best friend too, especially so for Yoongi hyung, so I’m sure they would love to know you care for them.” He gave a reassuring smile to Namjoon before looking serious and pointing a gloved finger at the taller man, “Alright. Focus on those carrots and then we can hand this over to the real cooks.”

“Taehyung. Hey, Tae, get up. I need the toilet. Is he asleep?” Yoongi whispered. Taehyung had barely moved since they sat down to watch TV, or said anything now that he thought about it. He brushed his hand through the younger’s thick head of dark hair before shoving his shoulder back and forth. “Ya! Stop pretending to sleep. Get up or I’ll wet the couch.” At this Taehyung sat up with a giggle. He brushed his hair back and nudged Yoongi with his shoulder, a big grin on his face.

“How did you know I wasn’t asleep?” 

“You were so obvious, I could sense it. You didn’t think I’d see you wiggling your toes huh?” Yoongi chuckled. He stood up with a cat-like stretch and made his way around the sofa. “I won’t be long.” Taehyung hummed in response. The TV was now rolling the credits, the catchy theme song catching rolling off his tongue absentmindedly. Taehyung let the next episode play as he sunk into the cushions. He began to think about how happy he was recently. Being together as a band, touring and creating new content, it made his heart soar to be able to do the things he loves with the people he loves.

Especially his Yoongi hyung. Taehyung didn’t know when he fell so hard, but he was pretty sure it was love. He had been so reluctant to say anything in the fear that it would scare off the other, but he knew what it was and that made him more confident about his feelings. He didn’t mind if he had to wait a month's time or even a year's time before letting Yoongi know. He would just show him in the meantime. Yeah, he could do that. It was a little more special that way too. And he would feel better about taking his time. A smile made its way onto his face at the simple thought of what his future could look like. 

Taehyung remembered when they had let the other members know about them. It was one of his most treasured moments. They had been so accepting and it had made him feel so loved. it was always great to know they had support. He and Yoongi also shared a lot of the same values about their relationship which was so comforting and reassuring. Oh how he was happy. He was excited and content and so in love with the future.

“Hey, what’s on your mind?” Yoongi whispered in his ear as he leaned over the back of the sofa. Yoongi draped his arms over Taehyung’s chest and pressed his face against Taehyung’s head, breathing in the sweet smell of his conditioner; vanilla and honey. “You look all cosy and cute over here. What’s got you smiling?” Taehyung looked up to meet his eyes. His smile widened before he reached up to pull Yoongi’s face down. Taehyung pressed his lips against his hyung’s for a split second. 

Yoongi let out a small gasp. His ears turned as rosy pink and his eyes widened but his gummy smile appeared, making him look adorable. “I was just thinking about us. I’m glad I have you hyung.” 

Yoongi raised his eyebrows, amused. “I’m glad too. I really am.” They stared at each other, eyes glistening, for what felt like eternity. “Come on. Jimin said the food's ready.”